[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the best laptop I can get for gaming, /wsr/? >inb4
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: 1462147783685.jpg (95 KB, 900x563) Image search: [Google]
1462147783685.jpg
95 KB, 900x563
What's the best laptop I can get for gaming, /wsr/?
>inb4 PC is so much better
I move around a lot, and I'm not going to spend all day plugging and unplugging that shit.
>>
>>154767
>I move around a lot
Unfortunately for you the vast majority of video games require sitting in one place for extended periods of time. Stick to mobile games OP.
>>
>>154767
Im no expert but I got an MSI leopard on sale and it runs most games just fine, only con is that it's a bit heavy (7.5 pounds)
>Do some research
>>
>>154767
That depends a lot on what you're playing. It's no different from selecting a desktop machine: figure out what you want from it (what games, what resolution, are you willing to drop to medium settings or does everything have to be ultra-smooth, are you going to use it for anything else), match up a GPU/CPU with that, then select a model that comes closest for the best price.

If you're going to do nothing but play WoW on it, it'll be a lot cheaper than a machine that has to run the latest next-gen shit at the highest settings. With laptops, you pay for every inch of screen.
>>
>>154772
Haha, epic my friend :^)
>>154793
Will look into it I guess
>>154823
I need something strong enough to play current-gen games at max graphics and acceptable FPS.
>>
>>154868
If you get something with a 980M chipset you'll be able to run current gen at max and more than adequate framerates when plugged in (battery, not as great but still doable). These laptops have taken a dip in price since the GTX 1070/1080 were introduced, but they're still not cheap. Powerful mobile gaming comes at a premium.

If you have cash to burn, wait a month or two more for laptops with the 1070M/1080M and you'll have something that'll run the next generation adequately as well (though what they'll cost is anyone's guess), or go for a 980M setup and enjoy good frame rates at a lower cost. Make sure your new high-end toy has an SSD so you don't cripple it needlessly (though most laptops that sport high end GPUs will).
>>
>inb4 PC is so much better
a laptop is a PC ya dingus
>>
>>154887
Alright, this sounds legit. Money isn't too much of a problem.
>>154982
From what I've seen, everyone bitches about it whenever someone posts something like this
>>
I'll bump just once, I'd still like more opinions before I make a decision.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.