[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Windows ISOs
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: Capture.png (156 KB, 2000x1638) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
156 KB, 2000x1638
Does anyone have any old windows ISOs? By 'old' I mean 95-XP era. I'd like to use an older Windows edition for some software testing and can't find and legitimate ISO files online.
>>
>>154539
bump for interest
>>
Winworldpc should be good enough
>>
>>154539
bump
>>
>>154586
For some reason none of the links are downloading. I click download, says thanks for downloading, then that's it. no download ever actually happens.
>>
You got the hardware? Virtual Machines kind of suck for older OS.
>>
>>154539
CERN detected

> Do not give it to anon, he'll use it to create a time machine and dominate the world
>>
>>154539
If you still have a Windows 7 machine somewhere, you can get Windows XP mode from MS itself: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=8002 . It's a full-fledged VM running XP. A W'95 machine is a little harder to come by (but if you must, go for 98 SE, it's less painful).

I have an OEM XP image, but I can't upload it since I don't know if it has an integrated key. I'm a bit surprised I still have it, really...
>>
>>154788
That's "SERN", Christina.
>>
>>154824
Nah, i upgraded to 10 a while ago and it's past the point of no return. does it seriously only work on 7?
>>
>>155361
If you can download it (which requires an activated copy of Windows, no idea if it passes with W10) you'll get a file that you can extract the VM from, and that will run with most any VM host, including Hyper-V with pro editions of Windows itself and VirtualBox. There are guides on the net for extracting the VM and running it on W8, same should work for W10.
>>
>>155361
Be aware that if you connect this machine to the Internet (even through a virtual switch) it can certainly get infected with any number of nasty zero days that will no longer be fixed now that support has ended. Of course it's only a VM, but still.

I still remember installing Windows 2000 on a machine while it was connected to the internet. It got infected in minutes, before I could even run updates. Had to redo the install without a network connection first and then do the updates offline. :-P
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.