[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What player do most people use to watch anime? I've been
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: 1467163126557.png (531 KB, 800x984) Image search: [Google]
1467163126557.png
531 KB, 800x984
What player do most people use to watch anime? I've been using VLC for years and /a/ has always been spergy about it.
>>
>>154387

Media Player Classic with optional CCCP or KCP. There's also MPV and a few others, but MPC is the most popular one.
>>
CCCP. It just werks.
>>
>>154392
>>154530
Codec packs are obsolete, there's zero reason to use them because everything valuable is already standard in MPC-HC. Stop telling people to use that shit.

If you want more quality then just get MadVR and a subtitle renderer of your choice. It's not necessary though, it's just for people that really care about quality.
>>
>>154387
windows media player or films/tv from windows 10

or in ubuntu i use whatever the default is called.
>>
MPC-HC
with:
LAV Filters
MadVR
XySubFilter
and optional:
SVP, requires a decent GPU

You should update them individually rather than using a codec pack, which usually has outdated versions.
>>
>>154592
You realize LAV filters have been standard in MPC-HC for years now? I think the last build of MPC that didn't ship with LAV filters was in like 2012 or something. Get with the times.
>>
File: image.jpg (28 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
28 KB, 500x281
>>154540
>you're not allowed to get a video player just by running one installer. Video playback is seriously business, and unless you twat about and argue like >>154643 >>154592, you aren't allowed to have it.
>>
File: 1341476506036.jpg (50 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1341476506036.jpg
50 KB, 640x480
>Tfw shit happened to comp and all i have is a macbook my cousin was nice enough to give me for free.

Can i get some advice here? All i want is a player that will play my high quality animu mkv's and let me go through them frame by frame.

Quicktime wont play mkv and VLC is absolute dogshit. I've heard that mpv and mplayerx are the best for mac but the only decent guide i've found for installing mpv is for version of OSX i don't have and mplayerx looks shifty as fuck.

I realises i'm probably going to get roasted for using macshit but any advice among the abuse would be very much a appreciated.
>>
>>155107
*a appreciated.
Ignore that extra a there.
>>
>>155107
Kodi.

They need to work on their OOBE, but they definitely supply all the pieces for you to assemble into a functioning media player.

Every item in your list, it does fine.
>>
What's wrong with VLC again? I don't watch anime (anymore), but it works fine with movies and stuff.
>>
mpv

>>155191
Washed out colors, and the occasional screen bleeding.
>>
The correct answer is MPC HC; you're gonna need some plugins and codecs though if you want to maximize quality, and the easiest way to do this is to install Kawaii Codec Pack. It's not outdated. It's easy to use. It's complete.
>>
>>154643
fugg

>>154701
>you're not allowed to get a video player
that's a personal problem
>>>/adv/

>>155107
mpv is fine on it's own. It has a very simple UI, which to me, is quite distasteful.
For maximum quality and performance though, you'll have to mess with a bunch of command line options, reading and shit. (last time I tried it though)

MPC-HC can also be installed on it's own and run fine. It has a lot of settings, but the ones you want are organized in a menu, with checkboxes and everything.

For more quality:
KCP is outdated, not always, but eventually. The easy route is just install KCP. If I remember correctly it has MPC-HC included with it.

>>155560
Check now. The latest version of MadVR in KCP was from 7/8/15, actually over a year ago now. MadVR has been getting updates at least monthly, it's really impressive watching it improve over time.
>>
>>155560
>the easiest way to do this is to install Kawaii Codec Pack
If you want bloat and out of date versions of everything, sure. MPC-HC has everything you need out of the box. MadVR is only "essential" if you're really snobby about picture quality (which let's face it most of /a/ is, for no other reason than because it's one more thing to be elitist about). I'm all for crisp blu-ray HD over shitty stream rips, but folks on /a/ take it to a level I find asinine half the time.
>>
What are the advantages to installing subfilters like XySubfilter? Is it needed for high quality subtitles?
>>
>>155733
MPC's default subtitle renderer is pretty subpar. Has poor scaling and can be slow at loading larger subtitle scripts specifically. Xy-subfilter is extremely efficient and fast and has excellent scaling to give you subtitles that sync with your desktop resolution. Also, Xy-subfilter is designed to work with MadVR specifically, so that's why it's recommended if you also use MadVR. Pretty much any subtitle renderer would be an upgrade over MPC's though.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.