[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does anyone have a bit of knowledge on rooting Android devices?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: root-samsung_galaxy_j1.jpg (31 KB, 169x300) Image search: [Google]
root-samsung_galaxy_j1.jpg
31 KB, 169x300
Does anyone have a bit of knowledge on rooting Android devices?

I have a Samsung Galaxy J1 Sm-J100H and I want to root it, mainly because it can't play pokemon go (crashes on loadings every single time) and I think it's because of the small 512m ram. I searched and saw that if I had my phone rooted, I could use a microsd as auxiliar ram and that might allow me to play the game (does this even work?)

Thing is, I googled and got a plenty of tutorials on how to root my phone, and it's a really simple process, but in every single one there's lots of people commenting on how their phone bricked after that.

Did those people just do something wrong? Is there a site/forum with a 100% legit way to do this? Do all the tutorials I got on google work, but people are just retarded at following simple instructions? Will the ram thingy even work?

Thanks guys
>>
>>154289
Backup data, try to root and get the two possible outcomes
1. Root achieved and play Pokémon Go
2. Bricked restore with odin and restore data
>>
>>154338
so restoring a possible bricked phone is easy too? I guess I'll try it if I have nothing to lose
>>
check for your phone on xda developers forums
follow instructions
>>
>>154289
I gotchu senpai

https://androidmtk.com/root-samsung-galaxy-j1-sm-j100h

if you fuck up just restore to stock with odin.

*REMEMBER TO BACK UP YOUR DATA. REMEMBER TO BACK UP YOUR DATA. REMEMBER TO BACK UP YOUR DATA. *
>>
>>154380
thanks I'll check that
>>154382
yeah that's one of the tuts I found, lots of people commenting they fucked up. I'll back up the data and try it myself
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.