[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm tired of anime that's always full of "cool"
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
I'm tired of anime that's always full of "cool" fights, where everyone, male or female, young or old, is a master level martial artist doing flips and pirouettes and pinpoint strikes and perfect dodges and improvising with everything in their environment to make the whole scene look as dramatic and "awesome" as possible, all while maintaining perfectly coiffed hair and outfit. Are there any series where fighting is treated more seriously, where it's raw and visceral and people get tired and sweaty and are actually struggling to win in a way that isn't just who can manipulate their chi or use magic better?

Preferably non-sports related, I know there's a few boxing shows that might fit that criteria but I'd like to see something where the fighting is more a means to an end.
>>
>>153945
Well it's not anime but the new daredevil series on Netflix does fight scenes really well. People get tired and get back up after being knocked down.
>>
>>153945
>Are there any series where fighting is treated more seriously, where it's raw and visceral and people get tired and sweaty and are actually struggling to win

try these

Shigurui Death Frenzy
Samurai X: Trust & Betrayal (4 Ovas)
Texhnolyze
-
Ninja Scroll
Berserk
Akira
-
Basilisk
Rokudenashi Blues
Yu Yu Hakusho
Sword of the Stranger
>>
>>153945
Phantom: Requiem For The Phantom
>>
Grimgar
>>
Ghost in the Shell has some pretty down to earth action despite being a sci-fi show where half the characters are cyborgs. Not really the focus of the show though, can count the fistfights in it on one hand I think.

Other than that, try Seirei no Moribito. Great fight choreography, nothing super flashy or unrealistic. It's a fantasy series though, so it does have some magic in it.

For movies, I think you might like Sword of the Stranger.
>>
Cowboy Bebop has superhumans, but they get pretty fucked up and out of breath during the fights.

Yu Yu Hakusho comes to mind ( only watch up to the end of Dark Tournament, though)

And if you need a break from action centric anime itself, Nichijou has some Unorthodox fight scenes
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.