[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm on a laptop but like to use an external monitor instead..
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1
I'm on a laptop but like to use an external monitor instead.. it's larger and i can see things better. I shut the lid and moved it to a shelf. When i shutdown, restart, or awake it from sleep mode, the laptop briefly forgets the external monitor. The bios/boot/password menus all appear on the laptop screen until after logging in to my user account, where it turns back off. Is there any way to force the laptop to use only the external monitor in every situation? I'm on Windows 10.
>>
right click > screen resolution > change from duplicate to "show desktop only on" and select the external monitor
>>
>>154016
yes I've already done that part
>>
Literally open ur laptop up and take the flat screen cable off of the motherboard.

I'm not joking this should do the trick because now the only thing your laptop will recognize is the external screen. I have converted my old laptop into a wallmount PC for my tv.

I'm not responsible if u break ur stuffffff
>>
>>154461
Nah I'd like to keep it all together, everything still works. I've read that taking a laptop apart is risky business, on some models you have to remove the mobo to get it off, I'm not that confident.
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.