[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
lf>techsupport So, I have literally no idea what could have
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 3
File: 1332490464299.jpg (104 KB, 599x521) Image search: [Google]
1332490464299.jpg
104 KB, 599x521
lf>techsupport

So, I have literally no idea what could have possibly caused this. About a week ago, a load of my media playback and encoding software just gave up on life. Media player classic no longer functions whatsoever. Xsplit doesn't record locally. Webm for retards(an ffmpeg based encoder) outputs an empty file every time. I haven't installed anything new, and this has got me completely stumped. Anyone else have any issues similar to this, or any sort of mystic wisdom to impart? I'm out of solutions, short of the fix-it-all reformat final solution.
>>
File: zoltar2.jpg (237 KB, 900x1300) Image search: [Google]
zoltar2.jpg
237 KB, 900x1300
>>153234
>no system info
>no os info
>no hdd space info

oh zoltar tell us if you see that info in your crystal ball
>>
>>153237
Running Win7 64-bit, i7 [email protected], to a Radeon 7850@144Hz. For the encoding/output drives, I've tried outputting to two different WD HDDs, with 75GB and 248GB remaining respectively, since one of the reasons I thought it might have been failing was insufficient space to work with, which wasn't the case.
>>
File: 1468022130169.jpg (172 KB, 775x762) Image search: [Google]
1468022130169.jpg
172 KB, 775x762
sounds like you have picked up a ransomware encrypter that currrently encrypting your files (you haven't seen the message that your files are encrypted since still doing it). do a virus scan soon.
>>
>>153249
Daily surface scans and weekly deep scans haven't found anything relating to that, but I ran a deep scan and searched for the symptomatic files it would generate, and no trace of it.
>>
>>153234
Run FileMon while you're doing something that reproduces the bug.

Then you'll know what to fix.

I reckon you're locked out of your own temp directory.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.