[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Tech Help thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5
File: windows.jpg (104 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
windows.jpg
104 KB, 1920x1080
I just assembled my pc desktop, booted my usb with windows 10. The pc loaded the files, the windows logo showed then freezed on a black screen. The hell happened? please help. Do i have to do something else first?
>>
are you installing it new? I think you're making it hard by using usb but that's just me
>>
>>152825
yes new. i haven't optical reader
>>
are you sure it freezed? was the activity light on the usb flashing at all? If so you should just leave it be
>>
>>152828
I'm not sure but i waited quite some time. There is no light / led on the usb at all
>>
Maybe i have to setup the bios in some way?
>>
>>152824
Make sure the iso you used for the usb installer isn't corrupt.
>>
>>152833
yup, i repeated the usb creation a second time, still freeze...the windows program is very easy to use however
>>
>>152830
that's a possibility, though it seems you booted into it just fine? after using the media creation tool, are you ejecting it before pulling the usb?
>>
>>152837
yes. i don't think it's a usb problem because i already made it twice
>>
i just noticed it also freezes after a few seconds going in the setup (asrock uefi setup utility)
>>
File: 1467147595073.jpg (94 KB, 450x600) Image search: [Google]
1467147595073.jpg
94 KB, 450x600
Hey /tech/. I recently updated my PC hardware to bring it up to speed. I blew all the dust out of the old/reused hardware, updated all my drivers, and everything seems to be working as it should.

Problem is: Flash drives don't seem to register whenever I plug them in. I've tried peripheral USB ports on my keyboard and such. I tried front panel ports, and I tried the ports directly on the Mobo. Same results every time. I tried my Mouse/Keyboard in those same ports and they work just fine. It's only USB drives that don't register.

PC specs in case it matters
>Mobo: MSI Z170-A Pro
>CPU: i7-6700K 4.00GHz
>OS: Windows 7 Pro
>GPU: PNY GTX 1070
>RAM: 16gb(2x 8gb) Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 2400mhz
>PSU: 550 watts
>Storage: Sandisk 64gb SSD, (2x)WD Blue 1tb HDDs

pls help.
>>
File: 1467147019821.jpg (3 MB, 3072x2304) Image search: [Google]
1467147019821.jpg
3 MB, 3072x2304
>>153214
Probably related, but I just plugged my phone into a USB port. It's charging just fine, but I can't access the phone's data through my PC.
>>
File: 1467151717624.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1467151717624.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
bump
>>
File: EhSPOxF.jpg (37 KB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
EhSPOxF.jpg
37 KB, 720x480
Hey guys can you please help, I have an Asus F555LA laptop and I just did a Fresh Windows 8 install. Here's the problem, I downloaded every single one of the Wireless LAN drivers and it's still not showing up in my device manager or list of adapters. I've constantly went through it over and over, including reinstalling. I want this pain to end.
>>
>>153494
If it's not even appearing in device manager, you need your manufacturer's "wireless switch" application.

Download that, switch your wireless to "on", and the device will appear and device manager can start looking for a driver for it.
>>
>>153499
Ok so I'm gonna guess it was Realtek but where can I download that Switch app? I've been trying as this for two days now.
>>
>>153500
From Asus.

There's no standard for this stuff, which is why you're having so much bother.
>>
>>153503
Like where on asus? Cause I've looked under drivers and I dont see it.
>>
>>153505
Seriously?

Ten seconds, dude.

http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/nb/DriversForWin8.1/WirelessRadioControl/WirelessRadioControl_Win81_64_VER1003.zip
>>
>>153524
Ok I got it but it's not helping me.
>>
maybe someone here can give me some advice, my PC quite often won't POST and i have to flip the power switch off and hold the power button down for 20 seconds or so to get it to turn back on. I also can't seem to get into my BIOS even when it does turn on, just hangs at a black screen when i press the key. i'm guessing its mobo or power supply related?
>>
>>153541
It's a two-step process.

Enable the wireless, then find the driver for it.
>>
>>153552
I guess so.

You should probably get a $5 boot diagnosis card, and see what number the bootup dies at.
>>
>>153552
Sometimes badly seated RAM can cause that as well. Might be a good idea to plug in a system speaker for some BIOS beeps if you don't have one in already.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.