[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Would this be a good laptop for the price? I can't get
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
Would this be a good laptop for the price? I can't get a desktop. would appreciate any similar laptop suggestions. want to stay around this price point. thinking of switching out current 1 tb hdd with a 500 gb 7200rpm
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/used/1110003/?gclid=Cj0KEQjwte27BRCM6vjIidHvnKQBEiQAC4MzrXfH176fDgitUhi3R_oZDgybeN8dh9v5_0p0saoFrUgaAjo08P8HAQ&c3api=1876%2C72118895162%2C
>>
>>151984
lol no this is pretty shit for the price. What are you planning to do on the laptop? Playing video games, homework, watching blu-rays?
>>
>>151994
doing some light to medium gaming, nothing like crysis or dark souls. playing arma 3, dayz(it's not gonna run right no matter what machine you have I know), tf2 and shit like that. mostly for doing homework. i had a 2 in 1 that had a intel i7 5500U with an integrated graphics card last year so i know what shit is lol. if you find something better, i'm all ears. these ultralowpower cpu/apu's are killing my search.
>>
>>151994
i don't need the subwoofer or a touchscreen but it seems like it would hold up to the occasional bumps compared to my previous computer
>>
i also have a separate dvd drive. last one didn't have a drive bay
>>
>>152002
It sounds like you're asking too much from a laptop. Anything remotely associated with gaming means laptops are usually out of the question.

Are you sure you can't build a custom desktop instead? you can easily build a gaming desktop capable of playing BF4 at medium 1080p settings for like $200 with room to upgrade and get a dedicated graphics card in the future as well.
>>
>>152015
that's what i want, but parents don't really want me to get a desktop. i just kinda want a sleeper build that goes over their heads. i'll argue for a desktop but i need a backup laptop in case i can't convince them about the upgrading capabilities of the desktop over a laptop and price point differences.
>>
>>152024
>>152015
i have a desktop build you can look at.
http://pcpartpicker.com/list/cTpCJV
here
I have to take my dog for a walk. brb
>>
>>152024
Best I could find is: https://www.amazon.com/HP-Flagship-Touchscreen-Processor-Bluetooth/dp/B01C9M3UOO

Has an FX-8800P with dual channel RAM and a iGPU with 512 GCN cores so it should be fine for playing most games at least on medium 720p settings. Stay away from intel if you plan to do any kind of gaming on laptops.
>>
>>152029
As for the desktop here is that ~$200 build I was talking about: http://pcpartpicker.com/list/qysRGf

Don't be afraid to go with an AMD APU on a desktop if you don't do heavy video editing or video encoding. It's more than enough for playing most video games on low-medium 1080p settings. If you need more performance just get a $100 R7 360 and you will boost your graphics performance like 4X as much so you will be able to play most games on high 1080p settings, even the new ones.
>>
>>152047
thanks for the info!
>>
>>152069
You're welcome. Good luck on getting a greenlight for that desktop.
>>
>>152070
awesome. one last thing. any suggestions for a primary monitor? I've already got a secondary, mouse and keyboard set up.
>>
>>152071
Hmm nope that's outside the scope of my experience and knowledge. I just use an LG 1080p monitor I randomly selected at best buy, never looked for specs or anything. Make another thread for that and someone may be able to help you. Good luck.
>>
>>152074
alright thanks.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.