[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ok so i built my first pc today and i keep getting a D0 error
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4
File: 1376346860822.jpg (10 KB, 255x200) Image search: [Google]
1376346860822.jpg
10 KB, 255x200
Ok so i built my first pc today and i keep getting a D0 error on my msi gaming 5 mobo (the 2 green lights) Anyone have any solution for this. I cant even get a display on my monitor. Ive tried clearing the cmos, making sure the ram was all the way in, no broken pins, taking the cpu out and putting back in and nothing works. Im getting really frustrated any help would be apprieciated.
>>
>>15121
Did you double check you plugged the correct cables fro mthe PSU to the mobo?

I once plugged a VGA power cable to the mobo and took me 20 minutes and a complete rebuild to figure out why it wouldn't post. I felt really silly.
>>
>>15125
yeah double and triple man ill post pics to giv3 an idea
>>
File: 20151225_193432.jpg (5 MB, 5312x2988) Image search: [Google]
20151225_193432.jpg
5 MB, 5312x2988
This is wat im looking at
>>
>>15132
Have you considered installing Gentoo?
>>
>>15121
>>15132
if your mobo has a bios flash button, try reflashing your bios and clearing your cmos. there's no reason that would fix your issue, but it's worth trying before you rma.
>>
>>15148
not sure about the flash but i did clear the cmos thanks for te advice ill check
>>
Well flash isnt working i cant even acess the bios it might be a faulty mobo idk
>>
>>15121
check if the ram is correctly placed
>>
>>15170
no clue how your mobo's flash worked but with my asus z87i deluxe the mobo had to be powered down before i held the flash button. that took me a bit to figure out.
>>
>>15173
It is I have 2 in the 1 and 3 slots all the way
>>
>>15175
i meant i couldnt find the flash ill have to check the manuel
>>
>>15177
nice dubs
>>
>>15176
try to turn it on just with one ram stick and processor

take out the HDD and GPU if the mobo has integrated graphics.
>>
>>15182
thanks anon
>>
>>15184
use the ram stick in the slot farthest from the cpu too. that used to be a thing on old boards, no clue if it still is.
>>
>>15121
are the fans spinning?
>>
>>15184
already did that took the gpu out disconnected the hdd and ssd still getting the same error in post
>>
>>15192
yep
>>
>>15194
well according to google your mobo is most likely fucked, so you'll have to replace it.
>>
>>15200
sounds like it senpai well fuck me
>>
>>15200
Pretty much this. Check your CPU for bent pins or send it back.

Motherboards are like the number 2 most DoA item you can order though
>>
File: 1405950940999.gif (2 MB, 300x164) Image search: [Google]
1405950940999.gif
2 MB, 300x164
>>15204
well thanks time to order a new mobo then kill myself
>>
>>15209
Send yours back and just get a new one from the company. You more than likely have a guarantee on the board, and I doubt they won't replace a DoA one.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.