[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Need help getting past Windows 7 startup repair
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: please kill me.png (70 KB, 275x224) Image search: [Google]
please kill me.png
70 KB, 275x224
I shut down Windows last night after successfully installing it via Bootcamp, but after restarting it this morning it encountered an error and refuses to start normally and instead brings me to the startup repair loop. I can boot into the Windows Boot Manager, but if I try to Repair Computer my mouse and keyboard stop functioning and I can't progress to fixing the problem. I'm using a USB mouse and keyboard, but I also have a wired mouse and keyboard and even they don't work. What do I do?
>>
>>151007
you tried a win7 repair disk?
>>
>>151009
Don't have a disk, since I installed via USB. Do I have to make it into a repair disk, and then while it restarts, enter the boot manager?
>>
>>151014
what?

you can download the iso and put it on a flash drive to boot to it

how it will work with bootcamp, I'm not sure
>>
>>151017
Ok, I'll try it.
>>
>>151007
>7
>Bootcamp
Claim your free Windows 10, and boot it natively using UEFI.
>>
Startup loop fixed, mouse and keyboard still inoperable.

>>151036
How do I do that? Sorry, I'm retarded.
>>
>>151047
you tried different ones?
>>
>>151049
Yep, and nothing. I have a keyboard with a slightly dysfunctional mouse I can still try, but if that doesn't work I'll probably have to reinstall. If I do that will I need to get a new Windows product key or what? If I use Winclone to save my info, will that work?
>>
Okay, tried a virtual machine, and I got this error. What does this mean? Error: PRL_ERR_DISK_FILE_OPEN_ERROR (0x80021014)
Path: '/Users/title/Documents/Parallels/My Boot Camp.pvm/APPLE HDD HTS541010A9E662 (disk0).hdd'
>>
>>151092
>>/g/
>>
>>151096
Seeing as the rules over there say that they aren't tech support, I doubt making a thread there will get me anything other than saged. Understandably neither is /wsr/, but at least I've gotten responses.
>>
Nothing worked so I'm reinstalling. Going to claim Win10 and upgrade as well.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.