[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Alternative anime reccomendations
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: lain_black.jpg (175 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
lain_black.jpg
175 KB, 1600x1200
I have only ever managed to enjoy two anime, Legend of the Galactic Heroes (for its reverence of history and portrayal of an epic and romantic age of heroes) and Serial Experiments Lain (themes on theology/society/communication and /x/-tier aesthetic, as well as a spot-on depiction of the spooky side of the internet.)
I have tried to watch others, but stopped for various reasons:
>Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood wasn't interesting at all, and just seemed like it was made by a 13 yo.
>Soul Eater had too much fanservice, and I don't care much for comedy anyway.
>Noragami was just generic and seemed like it was trying to be deeper than it was; the characters were also completely bland.
>Steins;Gate was a moderately entertaining use of time, with a well structured plot, but the otaku references were layered on too thick. The real reason I stopped watching it was the degenerate ladyboy softcore shit; I close my browser as soon as the subs read "I want to be a girl."

Is there anything else that I might like?
>>
Millennium Actress
Haibane Renmei
Perfect Blue
Angel's Egg
Kaiba
Grave of the Fireflies

>The real reason I stopped watching it was the degenerate ladyboy softcore shit; I close my browser as soon as the subs read "I want to be a girl."

Better stay away from /a/ so
>>
>>150861
Ghost in the shell
Akira
Neon Genesis Evangelion + End of Evangelion
Cowboy Bebop + Movie
Planetes
>>
No offense, but none of these suggestions interest me. I guess I no longer watch anime.
>>
>>150939
this, all of these are on the same level as lain

if you haven't watched any of them at least try one episode. i am sure you will enjoy nge as it has similar themes and relatively no fan service.
>>
Kino no Tabi
Mushishi
Ghost in the Shell

A pretty generic rec list for somebody looking for "serious" anime.
>>
>>150861
Texhnolyze
Paranoia Agent
Tatami Galaxy
>>
>>150861
I put this list together for a friend about half a year ago. You might be able to make use of it, seeing as you liked lain. The number is my suggested watch order. This person had already watched lots of western sci-fi.

1. Akira
2. Serial Experiments Lain
3. Ghost in the Shell (1995)
4. Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex
5. Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex 2nd GIG
6. Psycho Pass (2012)
7. Texhnolyze
8. Ergo Proxy
9. Planetes
>>
>>150861
you might like Elfen Lied or Canaan.
>>
Durarara is pretty good, it has a good plot, it might be to comedic for you, but if you can overlook that than you should really appreciate the plot and art.
>>
>>150861
>I close my browser
You stream but you're this picky?
Kill yourself
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.