[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
computer building support
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1
File: index.jpg (34 KB, 480x364) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
34 KB, 480x364
I'm looking for help in building a new computer. my current one barely ran guild wars back when it was relevant, much less more current games like csgo or overwatch
the current base im looking at is http://pcpartpicker.com/list/DNyFd6
does it look alright for the cost? I know fuckall about this
>>
id say get an i5 model and a better gpu ,that processor you chose is totally overkill for games and a better gpu would habe a more noticeable effect
>>
I would ditch the "K" line overclocable processor. If you know "fuck all about this" then buying overclockable gear is just going to be a waste of money. That means you don't have to buy the fan either. I5 is probably fine. I would add a cheap sandisk ssd too. Your initial setup is going to be slightly trickier, but the pc will be a lot more responsive. I'd also spend a little bit more on the monitor and get one with IPS and overdrive. The gtx 970 is getting replaced so either opt for a different card or wait for it to come way down on price.
>>
thanks for the recommendations
something along the lines of http://pcpartpicker.com/list/nNmTHN as replacements then?

would going from the gtx 970 to 980 be noticeable? i added 2 there but they're at least another $170
>>
>>150272
if you arent going to overclock your cpu its would be ocnvienient to get an h170 mobo,its the same a the z170 but without overclocking posibility adn saves a bunch of money,as for gpu i think you could get a single 1070,its cheaper than the 980 and better and you are saving many shekeles changing from the i7 to i5
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.