[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Tech support: weird cell phone issue.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: 106million_lightyears_to_mars.png (229 KB, 400x436) Image search: [Google]
106million_lightyears_to_mars.png
229 KB, 400x436
Droid3 on Verizon wireless
The issues started approximately 4 days ago when I was working far outside cell coverage.

Drove into an area with cell coverage to get fuel and contact my supervisor, I believe my phone picked up some updates at this point. Headed back out after popping it back into airplane mode and threw it on the charger.

That night the phone went from 100% to 0 in the span of about 3 hours and died. Since that happened I've been having issues with the battery life, severe lag and issues with stuff like texting (I can't actually input anything in the text box on either the touchscreen or slide out keyboard unless I shut down and restart the phone) and when I try to call out it literally takes 5 minutes from when I hit the call button to when the phone actually starts dialing... kind of an issue if I need to call 911.

In my googlefuing around I've found where people have had the battery drain, or input issues similar to this, but not all at once.

Anyone got any ideas on where I should start to try and fix this, grab a new battery or should just swap to something newer phonewise?
>>
>>149909
Use an actual trusted antivirus just to be sure, but it looks like it's either a battery problem or the part of the phone that drains the power out of the battery into the phone itself.
Get someone to lend you their battery and test from 100 to 0
>>
>>149917
I ran a scan just to be sure, it's clean according to Eset.
>>
>>149924
Yeah, very likely a battery problem.
Hope you have a friend with a compatible phone battery, or that your phone can run on powerbanks with no battery inserted.
>>
>>149927
negative, no one else has a compatible battery.

However when I connected it to my laptop just now a checkdisk window popped up so I might get some relief out of that.

Been considering upgrading to a droid 4 or possibly a razr hd for a while anyway.

You wouldn't happen to know which has the better antennae would you?
>>
>>149929
Honestly i'm not too down on phones, especially when it comes down to single models.
But i doubt they use anything different from each other, especially in a department as small as antennae.
unless one of those is complete shit tier i would choose based on the fact if you want a full physical keyboard or not.
>>
Think I may have fixed the issue. After a bit more google-fu I found buried in a thread where someone was having similar dialer issues as I was and that clearing out the google play stuff sorted it out.
Just did that, and restarted the phone and my dialer dials out in a couple seconds instead of 12 minutes (that's the average and yes I timed it). That also was the majority of my battery use the night the phone died the first time... so fingers crossed I'm tentatively calling this solved.... well until it all goes tits up and I'm on the side of the road waiting for a tow.
>>
>>149946
>app for a store that could be accessed with a normal browser sucks up battery life and CPU cycles.
Holy shit that's really fucking bad.
Glad you might have resolved your issue
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.