[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Tech support plz So I got a Gtx 1070 and tried overclocking it.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
Tech support plz
So I got a Gtx 1070 and tried overclocking it. The overclock was unstable and I kept getting graphical issues and black screens I turned the resolution down to something really low and went into device manager and it had said that the graphics card had been disabled because it was reporting errors. I restarted it and now the monitor detects a signal and turns on but it only displays a black screen the computer beeps once and everything is on but it won't display anything
>>
Did you see any smoke or smell something burning?
Try to put the gpu into another system to see if it works. Worst case scenario, you fucked up and fried your gpu or just unlucky in getting weak as fuck gpu. Try warranty but dont tell them you overclocked it. Hope this helps in anyway.
>>
if you can plug your monitor into your motherboard, do that and undo the overclock. if you cant do that try getting into your bios and undo the overclock there.
>>
The weird thing is that the computer has strait up stopped booting either It's a 6700k so I tried integrated graphics but that won't work either. Same thing
>>
>>149721
does the motherboard still power on? if not it could be the psu
>>
>>149722
Motherboard fans and everything else powers on fine including the gpu lights and fans
>>
>>149721
Is the fan running? if not, its the psu beside that, its the motherboard or ram
>>
>>149724
Try using only 1 ram and try to see the motherboard manuals for the error code displayed on the motherboard.
>>
>>149726
All fans power on. I've used the occasion with a different card in it for the last 2 months just fine
>>
>>149724
the only thing that could be the problem at this point is either the cpu or ram.
>>
>>149729
*used it on occasion
>>
File: mobo.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
mobo.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
>>149731
>>
>>149734
Well it doesn't always display that qcode it mostly displays A0 which is the successful boot code, I've tried both hdmi and DisplayPort cables. I can try to change the monitor but the monitor controls work fine the settings pop up so I can try changing it out later because I'll have to drive somewhere to pick up the only other display I have
>>
this is the last effort, just try one by one all your computer part to check which is the cause of this. Ask your friends, acquaintance or family for the spare computer parts.
>>
>>149738
>>149740
my guess is that its the monitor since A0 means it successfully entered the OS
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.