[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I was told on /g/ to make a thread here. My sister spilled salt
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 2592x1936) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 2592x1936
I was told on /g/ to make a thread here.
My sister spilled salt water on my laptop.
How much would a decent laptop cost? Preferably one that can run Ark Survival and other high-end games at at least 20 fps.

If possible, post sources, please.

Pic unrelated, a fossil I found.
>>
>>147580
A decent laptop would cost around $800+ especially if you want to be able to play high-end games like Ark Survival.

The best alternative is to build a desktop.

http://pcpartpicker.com/list/Nt6NNN

Specs:
>$221
>Desktop A8 Accelerated Processing Unit
>8GB RAM
>320GB HDD
>400W PSU

With this build you will get at least 40 not 20 fps in high end games. You can get more fps by adding a dedicated graphics card like the R7 360 in the future when you get more money.
>>
>>147598
You can play Ark for $200 by getting an xbox or PS4.
>>
>>147607
>You can play Ark for $200 by getting an xbox or PS4.
You can't upgrade that xbone or piss4. You'll be stuck with those shitty graphics until you buy another console. Whereas with the PC, pop in a $100 R7 360 and get better graphics performance than a PS4.

Also
>$200 brand new PS4
I don't believe you.
>>
>>147598
Hmm. No hope for laptop then?
Thanks, though.
>>
>>147615
>Hmm. No hope for laptop then?
Nope, not unless you're willing to pay $800+ and deal with the cruel fact that once you buy it, you will never be able to upgrade it.
>>
Can you give me some specs for a desktop that can run all the new games 60+ fps on ultra. What you think would be the best and also have the price in mind.
>>
>>147623
The $221 desktop from >>147598 + a $229 8GB GDDR5 Rx 480 graphics card. This card was meant for gaming on high 1440p settings so it will definitely get you 60+ FPS on ultra if you use a 1080p Full HD resolution.

Don't worry about the PSU, it's actually good enough because the Rx 480 only uses 150W max and the CPU on the APU uses 95W max. Both would almost never exceed 200W when playing video games.
>>
>>147629
Damn dude that's really cheap! Thanks!
>>
>>147617

Lenovo Y510p is a pretty decent and fairly cheap laptop.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.