[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I know this may sound retarded to some of you, but are there
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1
File: slowpoke.png (12 KB, 312x295) Image search: [Google]
slowpoke.png
12 KB, 312x295
I know this may sound retarded to some of you, but are there any risks in using a USB wall plug with 5V/0.85A to charge a 5V/0.5A device? what about a 5.1V/2.3?

I'm afraid this might damage the battery in the long run, but what's the point of the USB if that can happen?
>>
>>146890
This is not a tard question at all, go to /diy/ electronics general and ask it there.
>>
>>146896
No, don't. They'll just tell you to come back here.

"5v" is the voltage the supply will try to create. "0.85A" is the greatest current the load can accept before the power supply is outwith its design criteria.

You can use the supply with any device where the voltage is the same, and the current requirement is equal to or less than the current rating.

To be honest, you can probably get away with using the 5.1v supply, as almost all devices use their own power supply to clean up what you're feeding them.
>>
>>146890
the rate of charging has nothing to do with rate of power usage

use value that best fits with the original charger; ie. don't use a fast charger with a device that is not meant for it
>>
>>147038
I guess you should have gone to /diy/ after all.

Ignore everything this person says: he knows nothing about how electricity works.

Current is a function of the *voltage* of the *supply*, and the *resistance* of the *load*.

If the capacity of the charger had anything to do with how much current it actually produces, then everything in your house would immediately explode: it's connected to the national grid, which can produce gigaamps of current.
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.