[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
pc upgrade options
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: AMD-Ellesmere-RX-480-640x350.jpg (18 KB, 640x350) Image search: [Google]
AMD-Ellesmere-RX-480-640x350.jpg
18 KB, 640x350
I have a gtx 760 right now and its very serviceable in terms of running games at mid at 1080p. I recently got around $800 disposable income and im considering an upgrade.

one option is getting a 1070, but thats going to overkill my 1080p set up and the performance is wasted considerig im going to play overwatch 80% of the time,i could try to get a 1440p monitor but im not sure how attainable 60-90 fps is and thats even more money

option 2 i get the r9 480 to just max out 1080p for cheap and wait for further price drop in monitors and the 10xx cards

option 3 i do nothing and sit on the money until better shit comes out
>>
Option 2 seems the most sensible
>>
Choose option 3

Once Nvidia releases the GTX 1050 and 1060 you will be able to get much more value out of your money.
>>
>>147017
when do those become available?
>>
>>147020
Soon, I'm not allowed to name the exact date because of NDA.
>>
option 2
you're playing the spiritual successor of tf2, it will never use the full power of either of those cards, even at 4k.
(ok, 4k is a guess, but probably true.)

It'll be kinda future proof too. Just watch out for those amd drivers that will burn your shit down.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.