[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /wsr/ I've run into an issue with my hard drive. For
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: Hard Drive Volumes.png (22 KB, 1530x610) Image search: [Google]
Hard Drive Volumes.png
22 KB, 1530x610
Hey /wsr/ I've run into an issue with my hard drive. For some reason, I can't use almost 350GB of storage. If I try to extend the S drive, it says that there's not enough space on the disk to do so, no matter how little I try to extend it by. I can't make the unallocated space into a new volume, as it claims that the size is less than the minimum, despite the fact that the minimum is only 8MB. I tried wiping the S drive and creating a new volume that would combine them both, and yet the volume that created was just 568GB instead of the 900ish that it said it was going to make.

Any chance that someone knows what to do? I've Googled it, but I couldn't find anything
>>
>>14635
replying...
>>
>>14635
>>14645

do you tryed to use a partion creator program?
like EaseUS Partition Master
i use this program and helped me a lot
>>
you have to format the whole disk... why would you only format S and expect it to work?

if that still doesn't work

try switching your hard drives around physically in your computer, see if it's the SATA cables.
>>
>>14646
I tried that too, and it didn't work. When I tried to extend the drive, it acted like it was already at its maximum, despite showing that there was more.

>>14653
I'll try that now that it's not 4am, but if it's a problem with the SATA connection, I'm fucked, since I'm on a laptop.
>>
>>14635
>>14645
>>14646
have you tryed create a less than 50 gb (just for test)?
>>
Fuck I feel dumb.
Like, really, really, dumb.
I fixed it (mostly) by converting to a basic disk, and then making two drives. It's not optimal, but it's better.

>>14666
I did try that, Satan. Even a 10MB drive didn't work
>>
>>14635
>>14645
>>14646
>>14666
>>14667

can you screenshot this?
>>
File: Hard Drive Volumes Problem.jpg (401 KB, 1889x888) Image search: [Google]
Hard Drive Volumes Problem.jpg
401 KB, 1889x888
>>14669
Here you go
>>
>>14674
'-'
4chen
many literrality
very screenshots
wow

i was talking about yours partitons :)
>>
File: New Volume.jpg (80 KB, 1530x100) Image search: [Google]
New Volume.jpg
80 KB, 1530x100
>>14676
I figured you meant capping the thread, as it made more sense, since I explained what I did and it didn't really need a picture
>>
>>14679
XD XD XD XD XD
sorry for not "really helping" you
but i'm happy that was solved the problem
>>
>>14682
So is this thread solved? I'm not OP btw.
>>
>>14687
>>14676
better than before :V
>>
>>14687
Mostly, but if someone can give a better answer, then I'll take it. What I've got now is okay, but hardly perfect
>>
>>14653
Absolute rot.

The whole point of partitions is that you can treat them independently of each other.

You absolutely do not have to "format the whole disk".

>>14696
How on earth did the disk get three empty "recovery partitons" on it?

Did you, by any chance, start out with the drive S was on, purchase an SSD, copy C onto the SSD, remount the old C as S, and now you have problems?

Dymamic disks use GPT, and GPT:
has a partition table at both ends of the disk
stores the length of the disk in the partition tables

Your symptoms are characteristic of a drive that has GPTs that were copied from another drive.
>>
>>14809
Thanks a lot, this was the issue (probably, it's working now so that's what I'm going to say did it). I deleted the recovery partition between the O and S drive, and was then able to delete O and extend S to include all the unallocated space.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.