[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Any other fighting series where the MC doesn't aim to be
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1
File: jojo part 2 JosephJoestar123.png (491 KB, 466x601) Image search: [Google]
jojo part 2 JosephJoestar123.png
491 KB, 466x601
Any other fighting series where the MC doesn't aim to be the strongest, but instead gets by through memeing people? Either manga or anime is fine, just no haremshit.
>>
>>145695

I think Akagi and One Outs accomplish that pretty well. Especially One Outs. Watch Kaiji if you like either of them. Doesn't fit your criteria, but it's good stuff.

One Punch Man, too, in a sense.

Overlord and No Game No Life, maybe? The main characters in both are already practically the best, so they just fuck around with whoever messes with them. More fucking around in No Game No Life.
>>
>>145702
Thanks. I was thinking of fighting and already knew Akagi, but One Outs looks pretty interesting.

>Overlord and No Game No Life
I meant more a weak MC who gets by through wits, but I'll check those out too.
>>
>>145703

By memeing around, I assumed you meant fucking with the enemy, which is what all of the things I listed basically do. Can't just do that, anon.

If you want more strategy, then you'd love Hunter x Hunter. The MC isn't exactly trying to become the strongest, he's just trying to find his dad and figure out why he abandoned him to become a Hunter. It's good stuff. And the cast are the epitome of underdogs, since the enemy is always better than them, thus making them have to form strategies to overcome the odds. Also, it may be 148 episodes long, but they honestly fly by with how easy it is to watch multiple episodes in a row without getting bored. The intrigue only increased the more I watched it.

Some more "wits" that might not be what you want, but I'll list anyway:

Boku Dake ga Inai Machi
Code Geass
Death Note

I hesitate to say Zipang, since I haven't watched it in forever, but I think it might be close to what you want. It's about a JSDF ship getting sent back just before Pearl Harbor happened and they want to avoid fucking up history and have to plan their every move. It's pretty interesting, but ends in a shitty spot, so.
Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.