[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
[Laptop Help] Upgraded hardware on Dell 7559, now stuck in Automatic
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (53 KB, 614x820) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
53 KB, 614x820
So, I recently purchased a Dell Inspiron 7559, and decided to upgrade it with another 8GB RAM and a 120GB 850 Evo SSD. Directly after installing these, upon boot I was taken to a white screen reading: "The amount of system memory may have changed" with the options of "Continue" "BIOS Setup" and "Diagnostics". When I continue, I am asked to chose my keyboard layout, and then am taken to a screen with an array of options, such as "Continue", "Troubleshoot", "Use a device", etc. I have tried many of the options and solutions I've found with some googling, but nothing is working. When I continue, I'm taken to a screen with a circular loading animation that reads "Preparing automatic repair...", and then I am taken back to the "Choose your keyboard layout" screen. I've ran the diagnostics, albeit to an extent (I have not completed the second part of the diagnostics reading the memory, which takes 5+ hours), but what was tested was a-okay. I have factory restored, and reset Windows 10. I am pretty certain that this isn't due to faulty hardware with the aftermarket installations I made, as the Samsung SSD and Crucial RAM both came from the manufacturer on Amazon, both products having 5 stars.

Anyone have any ideas?
>>
Bump

I ran the complete memory diagnostic test, and that was also passed.
>>
>>145129
Wait, did you just replace your storage device with another storage device, and expect the data that was on the first one to make its way to the second one by magic?
>>
>>145316
No, I did not replace or remove any of the original hardware.
>>
>>145330
Then set the boot order so it boots off your hard disk to fix your boot problem, then "legitimately acquire" something like PrimoCache, and stick your swapfile, Intel Rapid Start, and cache on the SSD. (You can also use something like Intel Smart Response, but it's a bit brittle, and it prevents you using AHCI).

You'll need to partition the SSD with a rapid start partition*, a partition for your swapfile, and some free space for whatever caching solution you settle on to use.

Alternatively, you could try to cram Windows into 120GB, and constantly faff about moving stuff between the SSD and the disk.

* https://forum-en.msi.com/faq/article/printer/intel-rapid-start
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.