[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I have tonns of money! Recommend me your best light novels and manga
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 6
File: 175662l.jpg (108 KB, 420x600) Image search: [Google]
175662l.jpg
108 KB, 420x600
I have tonns of money!

Recommend me your best light novels and manga
>>
>>144141
To love ru
>>
>>144141
I'm assuming you're requesting what translated stuff to buy, right?

>manga
Phoenix.
Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei.
Gundam The Origin.

>LNs
Welcome to the NHK (hey, you said you have tons of money).
Zaregoto (ditto).
Spice & Wolf.
>>
>>144151
Oh, also, for manga, Pluto. I just remembered it was published in english too.

Apparently, 20th Century Boys has been published in english as well, but I didn't know that. I read it way back when it was being scanlated. But hey, it's in my 3x3, together with Phoenix. Oh, and together with Great Teacher Onizuka, too.
>>
Manga:
Otoyomegatari
Blade of the immortal
Dorohedoro

Light novels:
Spice & Wolf
Kino no tabi
>>
File: 1454105857615.png (321 KB, 519x644) Image search: [Google]
1454105857615.png
321 KB, 519x644
>>144146
ha
>>144151
>Phoenix
yesss
>Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei
Rather watch the anime
>Gundam The Origin
Didn't enjoy it sadly :/

>Great Teacher Onizuka
Rather the anime

>Welcome to the NHK
The anime is one of my favourites, are the light novels on par?
>Zaregoto
Looks really interesting
>Spice & Wolf.
Getting that already!

>Pluto & 20th Century Boys
yessssssssss, Pluto is one of my favourites, 20th Century Boys seems up my alley, I'll be buying it.

>>144155
>Kino no tabi
interested... I'll watch the show first though?
>Otoyomegatari & Dorohedoro
Look great! Not sure about buying though.
>>
>>144159
>>Great Teacher Onizuka
>Rather the anime
Most definitely not.

Get the scanlations. You'll see why you'll want to buy it.

>>Welcome to the NHK
>The anime is one of my favourites, are the light novels on par?
manga > novel > anime

The manga is much, much darker. The anime is the most distilled one. The author said the manga was the best version, as he didn't have to worry about length. But the novel is superb, and miles better than the anime. Also, cover by ABe.

... that said though, both NHK and Zaregoto are out of print, and have been for like a decade, so expect to pay 100 dollaridoos+ per book (1 NHK book, 2 Zaregoto volumes).
>>
>>144161
>Get the scanlations. You'll see why you'll want to buy it.

I'll read it and see what's up.

How many volumes of NHK and Zaregoto would there be to collect total? (Light Novels)

And how good is Zaregoto?
>>
>>144168
1 NHK book.

There's 9 zaregoto volumes (plus 6 of the sequel), but only 2 were published in english. Don't worry though. They're conclusive, you don't need the extra volumes. But if you want them, they're being fan-translated (up to volume 5, 6 currently in translation).

Here's scans of GTO's official translation by tokyopop:
http://view.thespectrum.net/series/gto-great-teacher-onizuka.html
>>
>>144174
>1 NHK book.
Just the one covers the ENTIRE STORY AND SEQUEL!! holy shit

>There's 9 zaregoto volumes (plus 6 of the sequel), but only 2 were published in english. Don't worry though. They're conclusive, you don't need the extra volumes. But if you want them, they're being fan-translated (up to volume 5, 6 currently in translation).

What so just buy the first two volumes which are a conclusive story?

>Here's scans of GTO's official translation by tokyopop

Thanks!!
>>
>>144174
Oh, also
>And how good is Zaregoto?
Very, very good.

It's by NisiOisiN (as in Bakemonogatari, Katanagatari and Medaka Box), and it's a closed-room mystery thing with qt3.14s (though in later volumes it gets more action-y, though still with qt3.14s). There's also a manga spinoff (two actually. Both Zerozaki mangos, the second which is currently in serialization), which are based around a character from the second novel.

>>144175
>Just the one covers the ENTIRE STORY AND SEQUEL!! holy shit
The anime and manga are based on it, but again, the manga is much more fleshed-out (and way darker) than either.

>What so just buy the first two volumes [of Zaregoto] which are a conclusive story?
Pretty much.

In essence, you don't need to read v2 to enjoy v1, and you don't need to read v3+ to enjoy v2. They're self-contained, though of course, depend on the previous volumes.

Oh, also, I just remembered: if you liked Subete ga F ni Naru, Hiroshi Mori's first english book was published this year:
http://www.lulu.com/shop/hiroshi-mori/seven-stories/ebook/product-22603838.html
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01DK0R17Q/

Two of the stories are based on the characters of Subete ga F ni Naru.

Only ebook though. But if you decide to get it, do upload it for us.

... and if you haven't watched Subete ga F ni Naru, hurry up and do it.

If you'd like some real book recommendations while I'm at it (NHK IS a real book instead of a LN, after all), just ask.
>>
>>144159
>ha
What is that supposed to mean?
>>
>>144179
> if you liked Subete ga F ni Naru
I hated it so much :/.

>real book recommendations while I'm at it (NHK IS a real book instead of a LN, after all), just ask.

Hahahahahaha go ahead

>>144189
I was looking for well written character driven stories, not TLR. Sorry.

>NisiOisiN

I only liked monogatari from him and even then to an extent. I'll definitely buy the ln's of this Zaregoto and give it a try. It looks interesting and I like a good mystery.

Where should I go to buy manga and LN's? I live in Australia
>>
>>144202
>Where should I go to buy manga and LN's? I live in Australia
Amazon for ones in print, amazon or ebay for ones out of print.

>go ahead
Haruki Murakami's 1Q84.
Edogawa Rampo's Japanese Tales of Mystery and Imagination.
Suzuki Koji's Ring Cycle.

You can pirate a bunch of japanese books from here, including NHK, to see if you really want them before you buy them:
mega://#F!51Q0waSI
Key:
!4Ut-eePQr9YSjHJJTQs7Ew!ItwWBJ4a

Maybe I should upload LNs there too...

>I hated [Subete ga F ni Naru] so much :/.
Welp. You'll most likely hate Zaregoto too, then. The first few books are in the same vein.

Shit taste, all things considered.
>>
>>144204
>You'll most likely hate Zaregoto too
Really? awhhhh
>Shit taste
grrr

cheers for the 'real book' reccomendations.

>mega://#F!51Q0waSI
Key:
!4Ut-eePQr9YSjHJJTQs7Ew!ItwWBJ4a

How do I use this link/key thingy?
>>
>>144208
For mega:// links you need the mega extension... which everyone has already? For years now?

But you can also access it through
https://mega.nz/#F!51Q0waSI

It'll ask for the key once you open it.

>Zaregoto
It's a closed-room mystery, just like Subete ga F ni Naru. Or, at least the first 2 books are, then it gets more action.

And yeah, shit taste. How can someone hate subete ga f ni naru?
>>
>>144211
Dialogue was god awful along with the character and their 'chemistry'. Lot of conviences to solve the case like the faking bath tub

Thank you soo much !!!!
>>
>>144222
>Dialogue was god awful along with the character and their 'chemistry'
NO U

>the faking bath tub
What? Are we talking about the same show? No idea what you're talking about.
>>
>>144230
>What?
It was a legit bath that made them see into the girls mind and thought process, whilst talking to them. It was total bullshit.
>>
File: image.png (255 KB, 640x662) Image search: [Google]
image.png
255 KB, 640x662
>>144154
Good fucking taste you got there, anon.
>>
>>144141
top 3 Manga
1. THE WORLD IS MINE
2. Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou
3. Legend of a strongest man kurosawa

top 3 light novels
1. Legend of the Moonlight Sculptor
2. NHK
3. Spice and Wolf
>>
>>144627
Gotta know moonrunes anon
>>
>>144462
Dude. Isolation tanks. Not baths.

Also, go research a bit on current neurology. Something similar to what was in the show is one of the ends of a number of current experiments, and boy are they getting close.
>>
File: 9a8.jpg (19 KB, 500x370) Image search: [Google]
9a8.jpg
19 KB, 500x370
>>144685
urghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

>B-BUT WHERE CLOSE
No where not, common.
>>
>>144685
is this the 'book' btw anon?
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/WELCOME-TO-THE-NHK-Tokyopop-USA-2007-Light-Novel-OOP-Takimoto-VF-NM-/191723960518?hash=item2ca3a378c6:g:sYcAAOSw4HVWFImO

It's fairly cheap....
>>
Anything by Ishinomori.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.