[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are some of your favorite disney movies? I missed out on
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3
What are some of your favorite disney movies? I missed out on disney during my childhood so I never got to watch the big movies, but I finished Mulan and I really liked it. I liked how it was kind of like a musical? Any disney movies you guys like with good and catchy songs?

I watched Tangled and Frozen but those are modern ones.
>>
The 90s was known as the Disney Renaissance and it's when they produced a lot of their hit animated movies. Best of these are:
Little Mermaid (1989)
Beauty and the Beast (1991)
Aladdin (1992)
Lion King (1994)
Hunchback of Notre Dame (1996)
Hercules (1997)

Once you hit the year 2000 things slow down a bit, there's still some good movies but they aren't the huge successes you saw of the previous decade:
The Emperor's New Groove (2000)
Atlantis the Lost Empire (2001)
Lilo & Stitch (2002)
Treasure Planet (2002)

There's also Pocahontas (1995) and Tarzan (1999) but I don't feel like they measure up to the likes of Mulan and the rest of the 90s stuff.
>>
>>143512
Oh, and the stuff I listed from the 90s are all musicals, including Pocahontas and Tarzan, but the 2000 and beyond titles aren't.

Aladdin famously has Robin Williams in a leading role and he sings two numbers in it to amazing effect.

Hunchback of Notre Dame has some of the most beautiful singing of any Disney movie though.
>>
File: bear.gif (754 KB, 149x175) Image search: [Google]
bear.gif
754 KB, 149x175
>>143512
>>143515
Thank you! I really liked the "Make a man out of you" song in Mulan so I'm hoping the other songs in other movies can measure up.
>>
>>143517
I think you'll enjoy Aladdin's and Hercule's numbers then. From Aladdin both of Robin William's pieces are very catchy ("Friend Like Me" and "Prince Ali"), and Hercules has some peculiar musical choices for the setting but I've yet to meet a person who doesn't enjoy the "Zero to Hero" song.
>>
File: puppy.jpg (237 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
puppy.jpg
237 KB, 1920x1200
>>143520
Thanks, will check the movies out right now.
>>
>>143506
If you want some old Disney movies with a lot of songs, then here's some of my favs (some of these are live action):

Fantasia (1940) This is mostly classical music, but it's a really beautiful movie and if you like that kind of music you definitely should check this out.
20,000 Leagues Under the Sea (1954) It has "Whale of a Tale", so it counts.
Mary Poppins (1964)
The Jungle Book (1967)
Bedknobs and Broomsticks (1971)
>>
>>143538
thanks! I'm actually watching Aladdin right now but I will get to those later.
>>
>>143506
The Princess and the Frog
Alice in Wonderland (the animated one)
Cinderella (not the live action) had three movies, but II and III don't really match, storywise.
The Little Mermaid also has a sequel and a prequel.
The Black Cauldron
Snow White
I also recommend some non-disney animated movies (that people think are disney):
The Swan Princess
Anastasia
Thumbelina
>>
>>143506
watch Mulan near father's day? coincidence?
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.