[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Computer Help
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2
File: 57054162_p0.png (1 MB, 1198x2152) Image search: [Google]
57054162_p0.png
1 MB, 1198x2152
I've been trying to troubleshoot my computer for weeks now, I've googled everything and still haven't found a fix.

My PC will run fine, but when it runs something GPU intensive, it will either freeze, restart, or BSOD. I've checked temps and its not a temperature problem, i just replaced my PSU, i re installed windows 10. my next step was to try going back to windows 7 but its a pain and i don't know if it will solve it.

I mostly play Overwatch, and thats when it will crash about ~4 minutes into gameplay.
I played an hour of EVE online with no problems. But Rainbow Six Siege and Overwatch and Witcher 3 all crash my computer.

MB: Gigabyte GA-970A-D3
CPU: AMD 8350
RAM: 16GB (four 4GB sticks)
GPU: GTX 970
PSU: 850W

some of the BSOD errors looked like memory issues but i ran both the windows memory diagnostic and memtest86 with no problems
please help
>>
>>142129
>when it runs something GPU intensive, it will either freeze, restart, or BSOD

well that sounds like the graphics could be the issue
>>
>>142140
this, how old is your video card? make sure it meets the specs for those games. might be time to invest in a new one.
>>
I think its time to switch your mobo and cpu. Maybe an i5 and a h107 board?
>>
the cpu and graphics card are almost brand new

i said i had a gtx 970 and that can easily run any of those game on ultra so thats why i'm confused about why it's crashing
>>
File: aDR42tLg.jpg (192 KB, 680x555) Image search: [Google]
aDR42tLg.jpg
192 KB, 680x555
>>142129

My first guess is that the graphics driver is corrupted or conflicting with something. The memory message may be valid - I've run memtest in the past for memory issues and it passed memory when it shouldn't have.

I would try these things, in this order:

- completely remove and then reinstall graphics driver. Get it from nVidia's site, not the manufacturer's.
- borrow a graphics card from somebody and swap it in and see if you get the same crashes. Or if you've got the coin to burn grab a
- yank all the RAM out and then put in 4gb. See if it crashes. If it's fine, put in another 4gb and try again. If it fucks up on the first 4gb stick, remove and try a different one. Check the manual to find out which slot to use for a single RAM stick. Some boards are fussy about that.
>>
>>142147

Good goy!
>>
>>142306
>Check the manual to find out which slot to use for a single RAM stick. Some boards are fussy about that.
Why do people perpetuate this meme?

Since 2007-or-so, processors have had on-board memory controllers.

This means that every board with the same socket has memory requirements that are *exactly the same*.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.