[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
XBox games not working on XBox 360
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: KILL ME.jpg (35 KB, 528x960) Image search: [Google]
KILL ME.jpg
35 KB, 528x960
MATES

PLEASE

I NEED HELP

I just bought a an XBox 360 so I could play some old games. Halo, Halo 2, etc. But some of the games I got aren't working for some reason.

The games that aren't working are only original XBox games, not 360 games. CoD 4 works fine, and even Halo 2 (original XBox game) works fine too, but other original XBox games that aren't Halo (Spider-Man 2, Soul Caliber II) produce pic related when I put the disc into the 360.

I went to the help link it provides at the bottom and followed the troubleshooting options, but nothing's worked. Apparently (it says) you must go into "My Games" on the dash and try to install the game itself from the disc onto the hard drive in order for it to work, but the system doesn't recognize the games at all.

On the dash, it even says "Play Spider-Man 2" or "Play Soul Caliber II" but then when I select to do so, pic related pops up and I've run out of options. There's not even any youtube videos or anything I can refer to. This is a bizarre problem and you fags are my only hope.

PLS
RESPOND
>>
>>141710
I don't think all Xbox games work on 360.
>>
thats what happens with a modded box. not much you can do. send it back.
>>
>>141713
I do know that, but both Spider-Man and SC2 are compatible.

>>141714
Really? So you're saying the 360 is tampered with or something? But why would Halo work but not the others?
>>
Pls help
>>
I keep forgetting that school is out.
>>
Later model 360s dropped support.
>>
>>141776
Really? I was thinking that this could be it. I'll just have to go back to gamestop and fucking swap it out for another one.

That sucks because it is the latest 360 and I got it for a fucking steal. A shame I'll have to take it back, but if no one else has anything to say about it, then that may be my only option.
>>
>>141757
Spider man 2 came out in 2002
Op is probably in his early to mid 20's
>>
>>141833
25. Good guess.
>>
>>141816
>>141776
I'm pretty sure this is bullshit.

The Xbox emulation is entirely in software; there's no reason to not include it. Early PS3s had a PS2 built into them; this is not the case with Xbox 360.
>>
>>141710
If you've not created a LIVE account, that's your problem.

Each Xbox game needs its own emulator update, and these get downloaded from LIVE.

Unless you don't have an account, in which case they don't.
>>
>>141958
>>141959
So wait, it's not the Xbox? I just need to fucking PAY for an Xbox live account? Really??
>>
>>141996
No, you just need to create one, Einstein.
>>
ITT: gaymers
>>
>>142004
Oh, you don't have to pay? You can have an Xbox live account without paying?

I'll fucking try it. Thanks mate. I hope you're right. If not, I guess it's not a HUGE deal to have to go to gaym stop and swap it out.
>>
Wait a fucking minute, The 360 can play xbox games? What the fuck?
>>
>>142022
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Xbox_games_compatible_with_Xbox_360

As the xbone has a 360 emulator, and the xbox had only one core, there's no technical reason it couldn't run the xbox emulator inside its 360 emulator.
>>
>>141713
This.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.