[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
no video signal
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: 1462389897385.jpg (221 KB, 750x767) Image search: [Google]
1462389897385.jpg
221 KB, 750x767
PRoblem is this:
whenerver I start up my pc, its 50-50 that it will work normally, or there will be no video signal.
A few reset and its ok, but sometimes even after 10-20 resets theres still no signal, those times a CMOS reset fixed it so far.

I've used some advice from a previous thread of mine, and checked the following: the RAM is k, its in it place, the cooler on the GPU (gtx 970 gainward) is spinning every time. When theres no signal through the DVI port from the GPU, I've connected a VGA cable directly to the motherboard, and it gave out signal.
So it seems like it isnt the motherboards fault, nor the ram's.
That leaves the GPU itself or the PSU I guess.
I don't have a spare PSU around, what can I do to decide which one is at fault here?
It would be a relief if its just my PSU fucking up, much cheaper to replace, but I dont want to spend anyithing on it as far as i dont know for sure its at fault.
pls help
>>
additional info:
if the card gives out signal, then theres nothing wrong with it until i shut down the pc. also, if i put the pc to sleep, its 50-50 again if there will be a signal upon wakeup.
>>
Some things you can try.

Change CMOS battery.

reseat video card.

try different video cable. reset bios to default settings, upgrade firmware.
>>
>>141380
Thank you

video card reseat done before, cable should be good, I've tried it with different monitor.
Firmware is the latest, nothing tweaked in the bios.
It seems like there is a coin flip on startup, thats why I think maybe the PSU is at fault here but im not sure
>>
>>141384

Can you post a picture of the inside of the tower? Does your video cad have a six pin connector on it? doesn't need it?. Which slot is it in?.

Have you tried to test onboard video and see if it's stable?
>>
File: WP_20160616_14_26_41_Pro_LI.jpg (2 MB, 3264x1840) Image search: [Google]
WP_20160616_14_26_41_Pro_LI.jpg
2 MB, 3264x1840
>>141385
>>
>>141386

Try changing the power connectors going to the video card. If there are another two identicle types try using those and take the current ones out.
>>
>>141388
sadly, these two are the only one available on this PSU.
>>
>>141389

have you tried onboard video?

What kind of PSu is it?. Maybe try temporarily disconnecting the two fans in the front to see if maybe that will change things. Otherwise I would just assume your PSU is going bad.
>>
>>141391
its a shit tier psu, but the fans were added later on the front, and before them this problem already existed.
If i connect a vga cable to the motherboard, the integrated graphics work fine.
So buying a new psu ( a good one this time) will probably solve the problem?
>>
>>141395

>So buying a new psu ( a good one this time) will probably solve the problem?

It's really 50/50

I've seen more pc problems become stable after changing the PSU than changing the videocard.

Your graphics working fine onboard means your PSu might be fine. I think if anything your PSU just might not have the juice to power that 970 very well. Along with that I would think a videocard crapping out would never lead to video being displayed or displaying totally fucked.
>>
>>141396
yeah the gpu works without issue when th pc starts up correctly, played trough the witcher 3 and the recent DOOM without any problems.
Only at startup this no signal stuff..
>>
>>141397

You got another computer you could put that video card in to test it out?
>>
>>141398
No, but I could ask one of my friends to try it in his rig.
>>
>>141399

That'd be a good idea too. I'm betting though it's most likely the PSU.
>>
>>141400
alright, will do that.
thank you for your time, very helpful!
>>
>>141402

No problem
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.