[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Could someone help me fix my PC compatible XBOX controller?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5
File: 1438878735837.gif (1 MB, 828x828) Image search: [Google]
1438878735837.gif
1 MB, 828x828
My windows compatible XBOX controller is broken. It's not completely destroyed, but pretty bad, unless I have it in JUUUUST the right spot, the controller will randomly short out, I found the sweet spot, and continued. However, I recently discovered my problem. A part of the rubber of the wire has torn off. I figured this is what's causing my short outs. Does anyone know how to fix it? I don't have a camera, phone, or webcam, so I can't take a picture, but it looks like there's a small rip in the rubber surrounding the wire. Does anyone know how to fix this, or do I have to buy another controller? Also, I NEED my controller for some games, most, I'd use a keyboard, but for some, not only it's more comfortable with a controller, and keyboard would actually be worse for the particular genre of game (Like racing games) but for some I practically need a controller, like in Dark Souls, which has the most god-awful PC port I have ever seen since I played Assassins Creed Unity.

mfw I can't play Dark Souls.
>>
Electrical tape might work?
>>
>>141267
Tightly wrap the the wire with electric tape. If that doesn't work, you may have to buy a new controller. A personal recommendation is the xbox one controller, you won't be able to use the 360 controller again.
>>
>>141289
I assume XBOX one would work for 360 games, or games that were made before XBOX one, right? Like for instance, my beloved Dark Souls?
>>
>>141267
Bump for longevity.
>>
>>141303
Yeah, just install the drivers and your ready to go. If you actually want to wait, you could wait until the improved controllers come out. (new thumbsticks and improved grip.) it doesn't work on older games released pre-2006.
>>
File: image.jpg (20 KB, 590x332) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
20 KB, 590x332
>>141312
>improved
The best controller's already out d00d.
>>
File: 1465871594270.gif (3 MB, 500x390) Image search: [Google]
1465871594270.gif
3 MB, 500x390
>>141329
Is Xbone controller actually that great? I haven't tried it, so I wouldn't know, also, where could one cheaply acquire one?
>>
File: 1465964211540.jpg (19 KB, 239x270) Image search: [Google]
1465964211540.jpg
19 KB, 239x270
>>141331
If you have a 360 controller and start using the XOne controller, you won't be able to go back. It's 40 on amazon. 50 in Canada.
>>
>>141337
Same deal with the elite controller.

Don't waste your money on a standard controller you'll never use again.
>>
>>141345
Would you recommend it? I've been using the standard since I got the XBO.
>>
I imagine you could buy a new 360 controller for much less nowadays. Don't buy something fancy, especially if you're trying salvage the one you've got.
>>
I think the Xbone controller requires a wireless usb adapter, not sure if it works directly plugged into usb.
>>
You could replace the USB cord if you have a soldering iron and (ideally) some thermo retractable sleeve or (only if you have to) electric tape.
>>
>>141374
Get another one off eBay that's broken in a different way, and swap the cords.

It looks like they just plug in, but they don't. You have to solder, but at least the plastic plug thingy keeps the wires organised for you.
>>
OP here, I have another, odd problem. Now my controller acts as the mouse. The only way I can accurately move the mouse is through the controller. The normal mouse works, but it just jitters the courser on screen around. I noticed this while playing Dark Souls, my courser would move around the screen as I moved the left analog stick, I exit DS, and now, my mouse barely works and I navigated to this tab with my left analog stick.

I also think it's worth noting that I had this problem only recently, a couple mins ago, after I started DSCM and DS. I closed DSCM, nothing. Does anyone have any clue what the fuck is going on with my controller and mouse? This is honestly reminding me of some shit that would happen in a Watch_Dogs game. lol
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.