[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Any tech nerds help me?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3
File: tumblr_nz1jofqIls1t2ypnyo1_400.gif (2 MB, 296x142) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nz1jofqIls1t2ypnyo1_400.gif
2 MB, 296x142
Hey guys, so I've had this HP Elitebook 8530w Mobile Workstation for a few years now, but something annoying has happened, I cannot change my password because it has "expired" and I haven't been able to log into it for months. (years actually..)
I've been dying to get back into it and use it again but I just can't change it no matter what I've done.
Every time I try to change the password it says "Unable to update the password. The value provided for the new password does not meet the length, complexity, or history requirements of the domain."

So could anybody help me please?

Picture for attention.
>>
OP here, I should probably also say it uses Windows 7 Professional.
>>
>haven't been able to log into it for months. (years actually..)

>try to change the password it says "Unable to update the password

how are you even able to change the password if you can't log in

and stop with the constant bumping. this is a slow board (you might have to wait a few days).
>>
>>140137
It requires me to change it upon login.
It's part of Windows 7 Professional system.
The only reason I'm bumping is too keep my thread noticed, and you can see that it isn't "constant", it's every half hour or so.
>>
>>140147
Every time you've bumped you've been on the first page, and only below like one thread. You only have to bump like once every four hours maybe. But threads will last at least 12-16 hours without being bumped.
>>
>>140148
Didn't know that. Been sitting on my thread most of the night.
Thanks for the info.
>>
Many company workstations require passwords to be at least 8 characters, have at least 1 number, and at least 1 capital letter
>>
>>140186
I've tried this many times.
It doesn't work no matter what I do.
>>
>>140106
Install gentoo
>>
File: 1465867479365-b.gif (2 MB, 366x360) Image search: [Google]
1465867479365-b.gif
2 MB, 366x360
>>
>>140196
get out of here linuxfag
>>
If it's a company computer, it might have to be connected to a company's network for a new pw to be validated.
>>
>>140204
No it's not, it's my personal computer.
I take it with me on trips.
>>
>>140211
>>140204
>it's not the company's computer
>it's being managed on a Windows Domain

These two statements are contradictory.
>>
>>140106
This is a very long way to get into a Windows 7 computer without password( the only way I know of that actually works)
>Turn it on
>As soon as you see the windows logo unplug/turn off
> Repeat until you see startup repair
>Choose startup repair
>Don't system restore
>Repeat these steps until it tells you there's nothing wrong and it can't fix it (system repair can't fix this computer automatically) (it might find something to fix the first time around and reboot)
>Click more details and click the link at the bottom that has the X prefix
> Notepad should come up
>Click file and open
>Computer
>Local disk
>"Windows"
>"System32"
>Change files of type to All Files
>Find "cmd" or "cmd.exe"
>copy "cmd" and paste in same folder
>Now go find "sethc" or "sethc.exe"
>Rename it to "sethc_1"
>Now go back up to your "cmd - Copy"
>Rename "cmd - Copy" to "sethc"
>Close every thing don't send and finish and restart your computer
What this effectively does is rename command prompt to sticky keys so now when you log on your can hit shift five times and cmd will pop up. If you know what you're doing my job is done here, but just in case part 2 is on the way.
>>
>>140260

>As soon as you see the windows logo unplug/turn off
> Repeat until you see startup repair
>Choose startup repair
>Don't system restore
>Repeat these steps until it tells you there's nothing wrong and it can't fix it (system repair can't fix this computer automatically) (it might find something to fix the first time around and reboot)
>Click more details and click the link at the bottom that has the X prefix
>.....
>cmd will pop up

Y'know you can just boot from any installer since Windows 2000 and press shift-f10, right?
>>
>>140270
Yes but I'm assuming he doesn't want to lose any of his information
>>
>>140512
That doesn't install Windows, brainbox.

It opens a cmd.exe prompt.
>>
>>140513
I wouldn't mind losing any of the info on it.
I just want to regain access to my laptop.
>>
File: remove_domain_login[1].jpg (66 KB, 760x489) Image search: [Google]
remove_domain_login[1].jpg
66 KB, 760x489
>>140625
>>
>>140270
Y'know, you're pretty fucking stupid.
>>
>>140643
I can't log in in safe mode.
I literally can't get into my laptop at all.
>>
>>140625
If you don't mind losing info then just reinstall windows you dummy
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PILDBTObzLw
>>
https://youtu.be/PtKGs4MogY8
>>
https://youtu.be/7bUOdcs0NHY
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.