[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Torrenting Visual Novels
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: Koi to senkyo to chocolate.jpg (624 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Koi to senkyo to chocolate.jpg
624 KB, 1280x720
I enjoy visual novels, but i no longer have the ability to keep purchasing them. I would like to know how to access and properly use torrents, along websites that i could get visual novels from.
>>
>>139844
Just use any torrent site, like e.g. kat, and search for it.
I don't know what you mean by properly use torrents. You just run the file by using any bittorrent software so you can download what you want, and that's it.
>>
>>139863
Aah, okay. I read that i would have to mount it. How would i go about that? I read that daemon tools was recommended, but is it necessary? Also, i am sorry about all this. I don't understand computers much.
>>
>>139864
Daemon Tools is "recommended" for mounting .iso files, but you can open them with WinRAR, and extract the files inside to a new folder, then run the setup manually by an .exe file, that's most likely inside the .iso file.
You can also use daemon tools if you want, but most of the time it's just not necessary. You'll propably won't need to mount the .iso

But if what you got is .bin file the you need to mount it or convert it to .iso
Just use Daemon Tools in that predicament.
>>
>>139873
Of course, if you have .bin file and a setup.exe then just run the setup, and you'll be fine.

I don't think most of the torrents will make you mount the files that you download. The VNs will most likely be ready to launch, or with an setup.exe
>>
>>139875
I've gotten an error trying to run a visual novel. It shows up as a bunch of question marks. Could it be that i'm on windows 10?
>>
>>139883
Your system locale must be set to Japanese Locale for non-unicode programs

Instructions here:
visual-novels-general.wikia.com/wiki/Troubleshooting_and_Common_Problems
>>
>>139844
For tips on running the games once downloaded, you may want to check out the hentai game general on /vg/. They have a detailed pastebin for a lot of easy-use programs
>>
>>139844
erogedownload is a good site if you can't torrent.
>>
>>139934
>>139892
>>139885
Thank you very much. This has helped a lot.
>>
Get a torrent client like Qbittorrent or Deluge.

http://www.mofumoe.org/
This is a good resource for translated VNs, it began as a mirror for Fuwanovel when the site started purging its torrent files but now is actively expanding is library. Also a lot of the titles you find on here will play out of the box, as it were, and don't require mounting or installation.
>>
>>140027
Yep, i used uTorrent and that is the website that i got the VN im playing right now (same as original file name).
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.