[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I need some gorgeous anime. Quality of writing, series/movie,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 4
File: kimi no na wa.png (3 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
kimi no na wa.png
3 MB, 1920x1080
I need some gorgeous anime. Quality of writing, series/movie, release date etc. be damned as long as it looks amazing.
>>
File: akira3.jpg (17 KB, 500x256) Image search: [Google]
akira3.jpg
17 KB, 500x256
akira
>>
adolescence of utena

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJT5i5NmONc
>>
>>138519

Anything directed by Makoto Shinkai (Especially Garden of Words)
Anything directed by Mamoru Hosoda maybe
Anything made by Ghibli mostly
Anything made by Kyoto Animation (More so for recent productions like Hyouka, Kyoukai no Kanata, Euphonium, Free)
Redline
Metropolis
Steamboy
Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust
Kara no Kyoukai movie series
Sword of the Stranger
Onigamiden
Black Rock Shooter (OVA, I haven't watched the TV series, so that might be pretty, too.)
Gankutsuou

Some anime that probably fit what you want, but maybe not?

Giant Robo the Animation (7-episode OVA)
Mononoke
Mushishi (Haven't watched, but probably fits)
Katanagatari
Dennou Coil
Hells
Macross Plus (4-episode OVA)
Yozakura no Quartet: Hana no Uta (and Hoshi no Umi and Tsuki ni Naku)
Hellsing: Ultimate
Gundam: Thunderbolt
Palme no Ki

Varying degrees and definitions of "beautiful" in this list, but I think most of these fit what you want. I hope, anyway.
>>
>>138546
>Hellsing: Ultimate
just nitpicking here, but if you want to go for a pretty hellsing, the original is better than ultimate. ultimate's great in many ways but it's animation uses a fair amount of mediocre CGI which is absent from the original, and the music is largely generic techno vs the original's extremely unique and bizarre grunged-the-fuck-out soundtrack.

i'm a huge fanboy of both and from an overall standpoint ultimate's the superior product (primarily due to following the manga rather than having a fanfiction-tier ending).

but if we're judging it purely on visual and auditory spectacle, the original wins.
>>
>>138546

Unique visual styles and/or extreme stylization (by anime standards) is completely fine. Some of the stuff on this list I've seen and appreciated, so I'll definitely check out the rest too.
>>
>>138568
>Unique visual styles and/or extreme stylization (by anime standards) is completely fine.
then I'd recommend The Vision of Escaflowne (and the movie, A Girl in Gaia). fantastic music and visuals. also an absurd breadth of genres and themes (fantasy, scifi, magitech, mecha, adventure, romance, samurais, drama, time travel, war, free will vs determinism, too many to list)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vCKHZBa9KQ8
>>
>>138568

Oh, you should've said that from the beginning. These next ones might also not be exactly what you're looking for, but hopefully they're close enough.

Also, just to make sure, when I said Mononoke, I meant http://myanimelist.net/anime/2246/Mononoke?q=Mononoke and not the movie. Also, watch the last three episodes of "Ayakashi: Japanese Classic Horror" for the beginning of Mononoke.

Tsumiki no Ie
Shashinkan
Tailenders (Basically Redline)
Nerawareta Gakuen
Anything by Masaaki Yuasa (Ping Pong, Tatami Galaxy, Kaiba, Mind Game, Kick-Heart)
Anything by Yasuhiro Yoshiura (Pale Cocoon, Mizu no Kotoba, Eve no Jikan)
A bunch of compilations (Neo Tokyo, Robot Carnival, Genius Party, Genius Party Beyond, Short Peace, The Animatrix, Memories)
Kyousou Giga (I'll post a picture just to explain how to even watch this. You could probably get by with just watching the final TV anime though.)
Angel's Egg
Little Witch Academia
Interstella5555
Glassy Ocean / Kujira no Chouyaku
You Are Umasou / Omae Umasou da Na
Noiseman Sound Insect
Dead Leaves
Universe (http://www.catsuka.com/player/universe Best video I could find in 30 seconds of searching. It's on AnimeBytes, if you've got an account.)

Anything by Studio Colorido?
Anything by Shaft?
Alien 9?
One Punch Man?
No Game No Life?
Cencoroll?

Hope you enjoy everything I've suggested. A few of these are rougher than the last list though, at least in my opinion. Maybe you'll enjoy some more than I did.
>>
>>138780
nice recs.

>>138568
here's a few i didn't see posted yet

Rurouni Kenshin - Trust & Betrayal
5 Cm per second / The Place Promised in Our Early Days / Voices of a Distant Star / Your Name
Gits, Patlabor, Memories
AniKuri 15
Ninja Scroll
Cat Soup
Planetes
Ergo Proxy
Evangelion 1.0 + 2.0 + 3.0
FLCL
Roujin Z
Windy Tales
Otona Joshi no Anime Time
The Tale of the Princess Kaguya
Inaka Isha
Wolf Children
Kujira no Chouyaku
Samurai Champloo
Halo Legends (if you liked the games)
Hinata no Aoshigure
Yobi, the Five Tailed Fox
Howl no Ugoku Shiro
Kick-Heart
Shigurui
The Girl Who Leapt Through Time
Michiko to Hatchin
Millennium Actress / Tokyo Godfathers / Bakemono no Ko / Paprika
Nagi-Asu
Aru Tabibito no Nikki
Short Peace
>>
File: kotonoha no niwa.png (3 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
kotonoha no niwa.png
3 MB, 1920x1080
>>138546
>>138780
>>138786

Thank you so much, anons!
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.