[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My computer has been struggling to connect to the internet for
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3
My computer has been struggling to connect to the internet for months now. Cant play any online games, even browsing this site is a chore. Ive contacted my service provider, Comcast, and they showed up and said nothing was wrong with theit router. Today I finally caved and purchased their "blast" service, which I hoped would fix the problem, but nothing changed. However, it did seem to improve the connection on my dad's pc, though that is much closer to the router.

My adapter is the 2.4GHz Wireless N PCI-E Adaptor. Could there be something wrong with how the adaptor is set up? Could it be a different hardware problem?
>>
>>137978
Are you using wireless or ethernet? Try an ethernet connection if you aren't using one now.
>>
>>137982
Wireless. Are ethernet connects easy/cheap to set up and maintain?
>>
File: Ethernet cable.jpg (100 KB, 1200x776) Image search: [Google]
Ethernet cable.jpg
100 KB, 1200x776
>>137986
Yeah, just pick up an ethernet cable, they cost like 7 bucks. It hooks right into your modem, and then into your computer. Looks like pic related, you may even already have one laying around somewhere.
>>
>>137987
well.... unfourtanetly my modem is why downstairs. We need it there because its also connected to the phone wire. Can I just buy another router?
>>
>>137990
If at all possible, go with a cable. You can get cables that go a hell of a distance. If distance isn't the issue and your floor plans just can't accommodate a wired connection, then I wouldn't be of much help. Hopefully another anon more knowledgeable than me can help you out.
>>
>>137993
Apparently I can get a cable running through the walls up to my room, where my PC is.

So if I can get that, connect it to a new router, which is connected to my pc via an ethernet cable I can access the internet?
To all routers support this or just speciao ones?
>>
File: Ethernet slot.jpg (37 KB, 585x269) Image search: [Google]
Ethernet slot.jpg
37 KB, 585x269
>>138002
The vast majority support ethernet. To be sure, check the back of your router. If you have a slot like pic related, your good to use an ethernet cable.
>>
>>138018
Ok Ill look into it. Thanks!
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.