[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does anyone know the name of this anime about a group of high
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (440 KB, 600x463) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
440 KB, 600x463
Does anyone know the name of this anime about a group of high school girls, but actually goes into depth of the unsavory details of their lives? There's one taller blonde girl and a nerdy girl and that's all I remember. If you could help me out it would a mean a lot.
Pic unrelated
>>
Katawa shoujou? Its a game but it covers the description
>>
>>137688
When I say unsavory I mean like talking about periods and shit.
>>
File: banana.jpg (652 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
banana.jpg
652 KB, 1920x1080
>>137690

Definitely talking about Galko-chan.

I haven't watched it myself, but apparently Seitokai Yakuindomo is very similar in its material. So if you like Galko-chan, should probably check that out.

I'd also suggest Plastic Neesan as well, since it's a bit similar to it as well.
>>
>>137691
Oh my god there it is
Bless you man
>>
File: 963085_p0.jpg (192 KB, 512x288) Image search: [Google]
963085_p0.jpg
192 KB, 512x288
>>137690
>When I say unsavory I mean like talking about periods and shit.
Galko and SYD are right, but Joshi Kousei did it first.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High_School_Girls

I remember dropping it way back when the subs were coming out, because I was so disgusted. Which is a shame, because the ED is iconic.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wxvfa2aUO6M

Also, if I recall correctly, Chu-Bra has some of that as well.
>>
>>137691
I really liked Galko-chan but SYD was mostly boring to me. The jokes don't translate well and it feels like a 23 minute long clip show. 4-koma's are good for shorts, not full shows.
>>
>>137884

Is that how it is? Interesting.

Yeah, 4-Koma can pretty rough sometimes if they're not directed well or really made to be animated. At this point though, maybe I'm anime enough to understand some of the more Japanese jokes.

Regardless, I'll still end up watching it, since I just consume pretty much anything that a decent amount of people have liked in the hopes that I'll like it as well. (Not OP)
>>
>>137884
>4-koma's are good for shorts, not full shows.
Man, how can someone be so wrong?

>>137903
SYD is great, but really, it's hit or miss.

If you like dick jokes, you'll have a great time. Of course, it comes in vignettes because it's a 4koma, but several great shows that aren't 4komas also come in vignettes, like SZS or Nichijou or, well, Nichibros too, and just because it's a normal-length 4koma adaptation, it doesn't mean it's not great. Azumanga's a 4koma. So's B Gata H Kei. And even if I personally dislike them (though not due to the format. Due to Kyoani's laziness), K-on and Lucky Star are 4koma adaptations with huge fan followings.
>>
>>137903
Aren't both Monthly girls and Tanaka-kun 4-koma adaptations? And they're both literally great.
>>
>>137947
>>137884
>>
>>137947

I wasn't really saying 4-Komas suck, just that sometimes they're pretty eh. Although I was mostly thinking of the anime adaption of Re-Kan! when I said that, which made me agree with that anon, since it definitely should've been a short.

Also, I think Tanaka-kun is just a regular manga, but it does use the 4-Koma paneling? It only does one "scene" per page though, instead of the normal two. Picture for reference. Probably still a 4-Koma, but the Wikipedia page doesn't say it anywhere, so.

I love Tanaka-kun though and it's an example of what I meant by "good directing" (probably). After catching up on the manga, I and a few other anons from the threads noticed that the anime switched around the chapters a bit, but in doing so, it made the scenes/episodes flow a lot better, since it paired up similar chapters together. Ones that made sense to be together instead of more so in an erratic fashion, not to hate on the original mangaka.

Anyway, like I began with, I wasn't trying to hate on 4-Koma or start an argument. I don't really hate a lot of shows at all, really. Was just saying that 4-Koma can sometimes be difficult to direct if the material isn't inherently something that should be animated, that's the impression I get from it anyway.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.