[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>I'm thinking of building a gaming PC. >The thin
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
File: Steam_Reviews_Update[1].png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Steam_Reviews_Update[1].png
2 MB, 1920x1080
>I'm thinking of building a gaming PC.
>The thing is that I've never built one before.
>I made a list of parts that this site says will work.
>I would like to know if anyone here thinks this is a good combination or,should I make changes.

http://pcpartpicker.com/user/CarlTheSloth/saved/J7fJ7P
>>
Two things Carl.
First is, it's a weird time to be buying a pc or gaming a lot of new stuff is coming out soon and old stuff will be made cheaper.
Two, an i5 sadly just isn't going to cut it for you and especially if you want to keep using the pc for more then a few years without upgrades.
>>
>>137636
Suggestions for a different cup? or wait a bit before making a PC? If so how long? Not really updated with what's coming out
>>
>>137640
CPU (auto correct sucks)
>>
Get the RX 480.
>>
>>137640
>>137636
Nvidia has been too busy polishing poles to release a decent GPU these past few years, but the summer marks the historic unveiling of the world's first GPU made on a process comparable to Intel's Ivy Bridge.

These GPUs are expected to be drastically better than the shit they've been churning out the past 3-4 years, and you should expect drastic price cuts at every performance level as everyone that's been holding off upgrading floods the secondary market with perfectly serviceable older boards.

CPU-wise, an i5 is fine. If it turns out to not be fine later, it'll still be cheaper to upgrade later than to pay i7 tax now. CPUs deprecate like a motherfucker; you might as well consider any money you spend on one gone.
>>
I want to build my first pc after release of the rx480. Mostly I'll play games like skyrim with a few mods, borderlands, gw2 and draw with my bamboo tablet.. I know this won't be pretty much future proof but could fit my needs as far as I know... Would the I3 be strong enough do run these games smoothly? http://de.pcpartpicker.com/list/FcskLD
>>
>>137716
@1080p
>>
>>137716
>>137717
The gpu is obviously a placeholder for the 480.
>>
File: 1457092083107.png (362 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
1457092083107.png
362 KB, 700x700
>>137716
Come on I didn't annoy you with another thread why am I ignored?
>>
>>137784
>>
File: image.jpg (161 KB, 596x892) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
161 KB, 596x892
>>137784
You answered your own question.

One question, one thread.

That's how imageboards work.
>>
OP here. Just got off work and am checking up on the thread.

I also want to Twitch stream in HD.

Would those specs (with a different CPU, which I still am thinking about) work for that as well. My current computer broadcasts at a shitty 240p.
>>
Get a bigger PSU, I recommend 750W
Wait a month before buying a GPU, or make sure you have a window to return it if you don't wait. AMD 4xx series drops in like a month and then you can either get a 3xx GPU used for cheaper, or a 4xx for likely not much more than that 380. Also post this in the sqt (stupid questions thread) on /g/, or look for a "build" thread. Will get a ton more responses faster. Don't make a new thread or you'll get flamed
>>
>>137911

Wait for the RX480 to come out. It'll be $200 and MUCH more powerful.

As for CPU for streaming, the i5 should be fine for streaming. Streaming utilizes multi-core well so for some CPU heavy games you might get better performance if you go with an FX-8350/20. But in most cases the i5 has better single-threaded performance so it'll perform better.

Also don't listen to >>137917, they have no idea what they're talking about, 500W is perfectly suitable for your build, although I'd get a modular or semi-modular power supply if your case is going to have the window as it makes for WAY easier cable management.
>>
>>137937
My friend had a build recently and I told him to reconsider the PSU. Same situation, 500W, days after he built it the PSU fucked up and took out the hard drives. Microcenter replaced it all but my point stands. Don't skimp on PSU.
>>
OP here, so the higher W the safer it is to run everything? ie 750W would be safer than 500W in a build
>>
>>137633
get 16gb(2x8) ddr3 ram instead

you need a bigger psu i think(650w?)

don't buy "gaming" anything.

get a 512gb ssd for the os

get a bigger monitor 19" is a joke, get 27" or 24", isp(can't remember if it's called this exactly)

have you checked if the wireless pci card can fit into your board with the gpu in it too?
>>
>>138351
>so the higher W the safer it is to run
no, it's safer to run the higher quality and more certifications it has on.
the watt is for how much power it can deliver to your system, you want that to be higher than what you need incase you put something else in there or if something uses more power than advertised.
>>
OP again, is a gaming mouse worth the extra $$$ or should I stick with regular mouse and maybe get a controller
>>
>>138730
In my personal experience, gaming mice tend to be worth it. I'm a big fan of the feel of logitech gaming mice, such as the Proteus Core. That being said, the kind of mouse you'll want will depend on how you tend to hold a mouse (claw-grip or palm rest), and you'll want to, if possible, try holding the mouse first before buying to see how it feels in your hand. If you're gonna be spending hundreds upon hundreds of hours holding the thing, you want it to feel like a natural fit for your hand.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.