[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Which one of these should I watch first?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3
File: back.jpg (71 KB, 667x368) Image search: [Google]
back.jpg
71 KB, 667x368
Which one of these should I watch first?
>>
Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai
>>
>>137591
GochiUsa
>>
>>137591
Spirited Away and Penguindrum.
>>
>>137591

Gatchaman Crowds or Psycho-Pass.

I flipped a coin and it decided Gatchaman Crowds.
>>
>>137591
Black Bullet
>>
You've probably already started watching one by now, so instead, I'll advise you to never watch these:
Haganai
Little Busters
OreShura
Upotte

Also, I'm sure you know, but don't watch Carnival Phantasm until you've seen the stuff it references.
>>
File: tfwyoudontwatchanime.jpg (709 KB, 640x3650) Image search: [Google]
tfwyoudontwatchanime.jpg
709 KB, 640x3650
Hey guys, what should I watch
>>
>>137676

What's wrong with a few fanservice anime? Upotte wasn't amazing, but I still enjoyed the gun fights and the silly pantyshots.

>>137693

Baccano or Ping Pong.

Coin flip says Ping Pong.
>>
>>137693
Drop Clannad, Dagashi Kashi, Grisaia, Hidan no Aria, Higurashi*, Kanon, Mirai Nikki, Phantom World, Papakiki, Tokyo Ghoul, Umineko*, and Oregairu. (*Read the VNs if you're interested.)

>>137697
Nothing wrong with fanservice when it's done well. However, in my opinion, Upotte relied far too heavily on it, to the exclusion of all else. It wasn't particularly funny for the most part, and seemed to often ignore its premise. Basically, it just seemed like a poorly-executed adaptation full of wasted potential. The Xebec character designs were great, but not enough to make it worthwhile.
>>
Watch Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood last, because if you watch it first you will think all the others are shit.
>>
>>137693

death note
ergo proxy
hxh
shirobako
genius party
working
yuyushiki
barakamon
planetes
gto
>>
>>137777

I don't know if I agree with all that. The premise is just girls that are guns and the balance between fanservice, shooting, and gun information seemed pretty 1 to 1 to 1 to me. Although I do agree that it's not really worth recommend to someone that isn't into guns or cute girls.

Now I have to ask why no Dagashi Kashi though.

It's like Upotte, but with better fanservice, girls, and characters. And the characters themselves present the candy information, which is usually pretty interesting, regardless of me not knowing any of the candies, since it's presented in either a funny or cool way. It's something I actually would recommend to someone, because despite appealing to the average teenage boy, it's still quite entertaining. Especially when it goes over-the-top with some jokes.
>>
>>137777
I disagree, Higurashi and Mirai Nikki were both pretty good, even if Higurashi Kai had pretty bad pacing. Umineko anime was shit, but I's say the manga was pretty good and was less ambiguous at times where it would help the story. I'd say drop Kuroshitsuji/Black Butler, because it had the problem of being an anime made before the manga was long enough, and while it's not too bad by it's own merits, the list is too long as it is.

I'd say that list was pretty odd as a whole though, for example it had sequels without the original, like Psychopass 2 and Steins;Gate 0.
>>
>>137840

>I'd say that list was pretty odd as a whole though, for example it had sequels without the original, like Psychopass 2 and Steins;Gate 0.

That's their plan to watch list. The green bars just show how many episodes they have downloaded, not their completion rate. It's from a program called Taiga that works with MAL/Hummingbird.
>>
>>137800
>Now I have to ask why no Dagashi Kashi though.
It's just sluts making candy innuendo, and relies on girl-hits-guy-and-calls-him-a-pervert-ecks-dee 'humor'. I actually dropped it partway through the first episode. There are far better choices for lewd humor, if that's what he's looking for.

>>137840
Mirai Nikki had an interesting start, but completely fell apart and jumped several sharks. By the end, it was just laughably ridiculous, edgy nonsense. And let's not even get started on the stupid OVA ending.
>>
>>137876

>I actually dropped it partway through the first episode.

See, that's pretty rough, but I don't think stopping someone from enjoying a fun anime like Dagashi Kashi with that opinion is something you should go around doing.

It's a fun, mindless anime with good humor and interesting candy info. Also, just Saya does the classic (and bad) hitting the MC thing and she only does that sometimes, which is easily excused given all the good qualities. And it's not mainly about the lewd humor or hitting the MC.

I don't really see where you hate is coming from. It's not an amazing anime, but I don't think it's drop-worthy if someone found it interesting enough to put on their "plan to watch".
>>
>>137893
>dagashi kasha
>fun
It's a retarded snooze fest. The only fan service anime I like are the ones that are just so far out there like sekon no quaser or monmus. Dagashi Kashi is just boring as fuck
>>
>>137896

It's not really a fanservice anime though. And Seikon no Qwaser/Monster Musume both have nudity. Did you go in expecting nudity or something?

It is a bit slower than some anime, but that's the point. They're living in the middle of nowhere and the premise of the show is the main cast getting excited about candy and sharing their knowledge about it. The fun comes from the way that's presented, which ends up being pretty entertaining, especially when Hotaru is narrating it.

Like I said, it's a fun, mindless show with some cute girls and candy info. Nothing to get upset enough to tell someone not to watch it.
>>
>>137591
Upotte!!
>>
Minami Ke only for the first season.
The second season they fuck up with the art style so it looks like complete shit. I couldn't bring myself to watch it. Skipped to the third season and they fixed it, but it was still shit compared to the first.
>>
>>137896
>>137893
But it's not actually fun.

Its two sources of humour are
- lol hotaru defies social convention again isn't she craaazy
- here's a muppet-babies-esque sketch about some candy you've never heard of

The latter, especially, go on far past the point they stopped being funny, and all the while the series beats you over the head with how funny it thinks it is, even though it actually isn't.
>>
>>137916
>Monster Musume both have nudity
In the TV version it's all >implied with clever camera work and carefully-truncated pans.
>>
>>138209

Clearly, we have different definitions and tolerances of fun.

Saying "it's not actually fun" is completely subjective though. Me saying it is fun is also subjective, but the majority clearly found it be fun and enjoyable, considering its huge popularity while it aired.

And those two sources of humor are what made it great for me as well as what most likely made it popular in the first place, besides Hotaru and Saya being attractive (and popular enough for there to be stupid memes). The food aspect is also an appeal, since it presents lots of interesting candies that I'd never heard of which looked or sounded awesome/tasty, regardless of their deep lore.

Telling someone not to watch the show because of the parts that make it good just seems silly. It has clear appeal to what people want in an anime, that being cute/hot girls and good humor. Just because it didn't appeal to you doesn't mean it won't appeal to others, especially since your bar for fun seems to be a lot higher than most, since I assume most people don't really care about the stuff you mention and would enjoy Dagashi Kashi regardless.

I don't think I'm going to change your opinion on this. You seem pretty dead-set on Dagashi Kashi being bad and unworthy of recommendation. Although I was the one that asked in the first place, so. But I don't feel like we're going to progress.

>>138210

Ah, I didn't watch it, sorry. I remembered it airing on a channel that allowed breasts and the googirl's boobs being shown, so I just assumed.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.