[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there anything wrong with/not optimal about this build?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: help2.png (288 KB, 1847x1011) Image search: [Google]
help2.png
288 KB, 1847x1011
Is there anything wrong with/not optimal about this build?
>>
>>152649
You planning on overclocking?

If you're not then there is no need for an aftermarket CPU cooler.

Again, if you're not, get the next best non-K CPU.

Also 750W 80 PLUS GOLD seems a little overkill for that card. You can get away with 600W, possibly even a good 500W PSU.

Unless of course you plan on doing SLI in the future, I suppose.
>>
>>152650

Not planning on overclocking, just want to be able to play most games at max settings. I put the CPU heatsink in there just because my current CPU has a heatsink, and I chose 750w just to be safe, but it does seem a bit overkill
>>
>>152654
If you're not overclocking then the heatsink that comes with the CPU will do just fine.

Unless you're one of those people that wants their PC to be dead silent, afaik stock heatsinks are louder than aftermarket, but I have never cared about this so I can't say.

You also might want to throw in at least a 240GB SSD to install your OS on? The bigger the better, but I think 240 is a good minimum these days.

Other than that imo there isn't really anything wrong with your build.

If you're going to stick with the stock heatsink, you also won't need the thermal compound, they come with thermal compound pre-applied.
>>
>>152657
This CPU doesn't come with a heatsink, but the non-K does so I'll switch em out. I have a 120 GB SSD for the OS already. Thank you for your help!
>>
>>152660
Oh, my mistake. I've never wanted to overclock so I never got a K-CPU so didn't know that.

No worries desu, good luck anon-kun uwu
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.