[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I feel like I wasted my time. Should I continue with the movies?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
I feel like I wasted my time. Should I continue with the movies?
I convinced myself that it would get better, and it did around episode 20, then 25/26 happened.
>>
>>136810
>Should I continue with the movies?
there's only EoE to watch (the Rebuild series are for the fans)
usually people recommend EoE instead of the last episode however i found both very interesting. although maybe i'm just more curious than most people.
>>
>>136810

Definitely continue with End of Evangelion. It's a much more proper end to the series than 25/26 for people not really into the deep and metaphorical stuff. The animation is fantastic and action is great.

And like the other anon mentioned, the Rebuild movies aren't a part of the original canon, they're remakes (rebuilds). They're more action-y and don't delve as deeply as the original series + movie do into the characters and story which are more like caricatures, but they're still a lot of fun to watch. So, give them a lick after you finish End of Eva if you want to.

>>136812

Or maybe it's less your curiosity and more your good taste.
>>
>>136999
I want to say I liked the ending. I understood it, but it was a what the fuck moment. Did it imply the Angels and Eva's were fake? His mom never died or kaji or even kawaru? So it was some kind of simulation? Everyone went through this therapy, including asuka and misato?
>>
>>137034
you clearly didn't understand shit
>>
>>137034
The ending is literally shinji having an epiphany and realizing how people work.
People aren't actually clapping around him telling him congratulations.
>>
>>137034
As far as I can tell, the ending was based on the character's suconscious thought prosesses during the associated point in EOE. Asuka and Misato's segments are a representation of their final thoughts. The last episode represents the dissolution of Shinji's ego barrier. When the stage appears and Shinji is offered other worlds, such as the AU where he's a normal student, are Adam and Lilith asking him for his answer. The congratulations scene is him asking Lillith to let it be and not change anything, and the characters applauding his descision.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.