[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/a/non help
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5
File: image.jpg (92 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
92 KB, 600x600
This isn't really an anime request but more of an anime update. I've spent years watching seasonal anime and on /a/. However, I haven't watched anything or kept up with anything since Yuri Kuma ended last year. Could someone fill me in on what studios and directors have been up to as of the last year. Anything thing I missed on /a/ or scandals in anime or seiyuu world would be okay too. Thanks for your time.
>>
>>136126
Use neregate.

Also, Yoshinoya's VA died.
>>
Kizumonogatari finally released earlier this year. The first part of it anyway. Had international screenings around the world. By all accounts it was incredible. Still waiting on BDs before I watch it.

Working! got a season 3 and an hour-long finale special to the entire series.

Durarara finally concluded, getting 2 additional cours after the one in winter of 2015.

Yuru Yuri got a season 3 by a different studio, TYO. The animation wasn't as spiffy as Dogakobo's but it had a softer, more atmospheric feeling to it. They also did an hour long OVA for Yuru Yuri.

Gintama got 51 new episodes last year.

Little Witch Academia 2 came out.

Utawarerumono also got a sequel, and another one is being planned I think. Not the same studio as the first one.

Oh and Gainax has gone into Tomato farming. Yeah I don't know what to make of that either.
>>
>>136147
Oh forgot to mention that Ai Takabe was arrested for drug possession, and also FLCL is getting a Toonami-funded sequel. Technically two "seasons" but both are only 6 episodes. Done by Production IG though, and while they did get the original creator as a "supervisor" it looks like totally different staff since the old director is currently working on Eva Rebuilds.
>>
Not sure if it's you're thing but Mahou Tsukai no Yome is getting an anime.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CoCwUzbkfdk
>>
File: 1337556464775.jpg (130 KB, 848x737) Image search: [Google]
1337556464775.jpg
130 KB, 848x737
>>136151
>Ai Takabe
>>
>>136147
>>136151
Thanks for this anon. I knew of Kizu, Drrr, LWA2, and Working!!!
Wow, I didn't even know a out FLCL. I'm that out of the loop. Anything on /a/ happen that I should know about? Other than the exposed nipple thing.

>>136155
I may check it out. I guess Wit still got it.

>>136129
Thanks. RIP in peace.
>>
File: new years 2016 - third impact.jpg (206 KB, 1893x949) Image search: [Google]
new years 2016 - third impact.jpg
206 KB, 1893x949
>>136163
>Anything on /a/ happen
Not really. We had a New Years celebration of sorts. I actually saved a screenshot of it.
>>
>>136194
This is the first one I've missed in three or four years.
Thank you anon.
>>
>>136199
Komm Susser Tod was playing on the whole board, and those crosses were falling slowly down the screen. It was pretty nice.
>>
>>136126
The Love Live movie and the Girls und Panzer movie were hugely successful. Go watch the GuP movie, it was released recently.

Honoka's VA Emitsun got involved in a sex scandal, she (apparently) appeared in an amateur JAV made a few years before her VA start. But Love Live is too big now, she is back.

Announced anime series include Nyanbo based on Yotsuba (not herself, just the cardboard robot as cats), a new Berserk anime, a new D Gray Man anime, Amanchu, Drifters, Rewrite, Koe no Katachi movie by KyoAni, Sangatsu no Lion.
>>
>>136163
Oh yeah remembered another recent thing: we celebrated Cinco de Maho again.
>>
>>136155
the eyes on that girl look stupid af
>>
>>136194
swords of revealing light?
>>
>>136126
Some things were announced on Anime Japan 2016:
New D Gray Man anime
Natsume Season 5 this fall
Heaven's Feel will get 3 movies and Fate/Extra: Last Encore anime by Shaft
Mob Psycho adaptation by Bones
New Berserk anime
Planetarian and Rewrite adaptations
Amanchu anime

Osomatsu sold 100k, Manglobe is now bankrupt, Guts got off the boat, Matsuki Miyu is dead and a FMP sequel was announced.
>>
>>136311
>JAV
Wow.
>(not herself, just the cardboard robot as cats)
So close.

>>136481
Got it. Thanks anon. Some of these revivals and new seasons I had heard of.
What happened to other companies and their works? What happened to Deen and Madhouse? I guess Pierrot hit it big with Osomatsu.
Another RIP in peace. This is so sad.
>FMP sequel was announced.
This isn't sad though. I'm going to guess not by KyoAni. Maybe Gonzo. Or are they bankrupt too?
>>
File: 2015.jpg (4 MB, 4000x2750) Image search: [Google]
2015.jpg
4 MB, 4000x2750
>>136500
>Deen
They worked on Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu in this Winter, it was great and a second season was announced in the last episode. They also worked on Konosuba, it was pretty good, sold 10k and a second season was announced.

>Madhouse
They adapted One Punch Man. The budget was average but the animators said they really liked to work on this so the animation was great.

We still don't now about the new FMP project except it's called Fullmetal Panic: Vertical Shaft.

You should try to watch these shows from last year:
Hibike! Euphonium, Houkago no Pleiades, Shimoneta, Charlotte, Wakako-zake, Umaru, One Punch Man and Osomatsu.

Also 2015 collage.
>>
>>136378
No EVA refrence. EoE happens on New Years Day 2016.
>>
>>136527
New years eve*
>>
>>136525
>Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu
I read her BL works so I was going to check it out. I heard there was a lot of buzz. I read OPM for years and knew of the adaption. Also popular among normies to the suprise of no one.
I'll check out those series, especially the ones with green lit S2 or another cour. Thanks for 2015 collage.
>>
Thanks to everyone for the help again. I'll work on these series and my backlog.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.