[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Not sure if this belongs on here or /g/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: Connection_test.webm (1 MB, 672x728) Image search: [Google]
Connection_test.webm
1 MB, 672x728
My internet will have random connection dips sometimes for minutes or seconds. does this look normal or could it be a line issue ?
>>
>>135272
Shitty router maybe?
>>
>>135291
We were thinking it might be so we had it replaced and we still have the same problem
>>
>>135291
its also AT&T what can you expect
>>
>>135272
I had something similar. Does it also happen if you ping your router itself? (like for example 192.168.2.0 or something similar).
Check if your router has a mode for IPTV or if you can change the network frequency to 802.11a & 802.11n, that's what worked for me. It was set to the standards 802.11b, 802.11g, 802.11n before.
>>
>>135346
I pinged the router and the MS were not even constistent it would go from 1ms for three rows then go to 50ms for one row and etc.. I might just have a tech come out. I might not know much about these things but I know it isn't supposed to jump that high in a short time
>>
Probably packet loss. Lots of reasons for that. Ask your ISP to look into it.
>>
>>135366
pinging your router should never be more than 1-2ms.
Are you connected via cable or WLAN? Try using a cable and see if the problem persists.
>>
Replace dsl cable/coax on back of router, make sure you're connected directly to entry point of cable (isra or aop where i live) and do a router factory settings reset. Test with utp cable directly to pc to bypass any possible wifi issues.
>>
>>135394
Remember that packets bouncing off thing is the abstraction; what actually happens is you send a ping packet, the destination device receives it, then (and remember it's free to not and instead do nothing) the destination device drafts an entirely new reply packet and sends it back to you.

If the router's got better things to be doing, your ping reply may well have to wait its turn.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.