[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I recently finished watching pic related and was mesmerized by
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 6
File: sRKYhkRoCd4.market_maxres.jpg (136 KB, 1000x562) Image search: [Google]
sRKYhkRoCd4.market_maxres.jpg
136 KB, 1000x562
I recently finished watching pic related and was mesmerized by it from the beginning till the very end. I felt it was too short though so I need something similar (and just as good) from the anime department to fill the void. Here's what I want:

- A mix of over the top action (preferably in form of gunfights, rather than hand-to-hand/swordfights), adventure, comedy, and serious drama, with seamless tonal shifts
- A well-written (not "well-written for anime standards", but rather actually well-written), well-paced, captivating story
- A variety of interesting characters, that are grounded in reality, with lots of meaningful interactions between them
- A good-looking artstyle, full of vivid colors and with lots of attention to detail
- Takes place in a realistic setting
- No supernatural elements whatsoever. I can be a little lax towards this particular criterion, depending on the level of supernatural stuff involved. If it's something insignificant, like one character fighting with magic, then it's ok, but stuff like fantasy worlds, where humans and aliens/demons/ghosts/whatever either fight each other or coexist is a no-go.
- A finished, complete, self-contained experience. I don't want to be forced to read any manga, or play any games/VNs to fully understand the story. Everything that needs to be covered has to be covered within the series itself.

Don't suggest (it doesn't mean I liked any of these, I'm just asking you not to suggest these):

- Cowboy Bebop
- Black Lagoon
- Jormungand
- Trigun
- Samurai Champloo

Any suggestions that haven't been mentioned? Thanks in advance for helping me out.
>>
Gundam 08th MS Team (though you need to have watched Gundam 0079 to properly understand it).
Strike Witches. No, seriously.
The Patlabor OVAs and movies.
Haifuri in a couple of weeks. No, seriously.
>>
File: K7u.jpg (57 KB, 604x453) Image search: [Google]
K7u.jpg
57 KB, 604x453
>>135139
None of these even meet any of my criteria.
>>
>>135140
I'm gonna tell you the same thing I told you the last time you made this thread: you're not going to find any anime that meet your criteria because there's no "Michiko & Hatchin formula" for anime. MtH an offbeat Watanabe-produced show done by a one-hit wonder writer and a director whose only other stint as lead director was Lupin III: The Woman Called Fujiko Mine, which doesn't meet your criteria either.

You either need to let Michiko and Hatchin go and try something new or take a break from anime.
>>
>>135142
>I'm gonna tell you the same thing I told you the last time you made this thread: you're not going to find any anime that meet your criteria because there's no "Michiko & Hatchin formula" for anime.

And I'm still gonna refuse to believe you. Unless you wanna actually help and suggest something, fuck off.
>>
>>135143
you ain't gonna get help with that attitude m8.
>>
>>135146
I don't seem to be getting it anyway, so I don't give a fuck at this point.
>>
>>135147

Despite your dickery and refusal to actually watch what that anon suggested, I also recommend Patlabor, because it actually fits pretty much every one of your criteria on the dot. It's quite different from Michiko to Hatchin, but it still fits everything that you asked for.

When trying to get help, it usually benefits you to not act like a complete dick. And to go along with that, especially when you're asking for recommendations, being a bit lenient towards what people recommend is a good idea.

And you apparently do give a fuck if you made this thread twice or maybe more.
>>
File: image.jpg (74 KB, 640x352) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
74 KB, 640x352
>>135206
You're wasting your time: like Bebop, it'll be dismissed for not looking colourful enough, and having giant robots in it.
>>
>>135208
Precisely. You hit the bullseye there, anon.

Now how about you people stop being such useless cunts and actually recommend something that fits?
>>
>>135218
>>>/v/
>>>/reddit/anime
>>
>>135223
>>
>>135226
No, fuck you, anon. You started a thread making a ridiculously picky request, basically asking for the impossible, and became belligerent when people who know what they're talking about pointed out to you that such a thing doesn't exist.

You can either explore and try something a bit different, or accept that anime just isn't for you. But no matter how much you throw a fit, you're not going to find what you're looking for at the moment.
>>
>>135230
>accept that anime just isn't for you
I already know most anime is shit and isn't nearly good enough for me. You don't have to tell me that. I'm aware that not all of it is complete and utter crap though so I was hoping that maybe you could point me in the direction of the good ones (and yes, by "good ones" I mean "ones precisely fitting my tastes"). Turns out you can't, so fuck you, you're useless, unhelpful, and not worth my time.
>>
>>135226
Thankfully you are a rare breed, most OPs are chill
#rude #donotreplytomeeveragain #notallanons
>>>/out/
>>
>>135232
Also thankfully, I'll find more useful people elsewhere, so one again, go fuck yourself with a sharp object. EOT. Mods, or whatever the fuck you've got here can delete this thread because nothing helpful will come out of it anymore because, ironically, people on this help board don't want to help and instead try to convince them they're insane for having some actual expectations.
>>
File: Alg-crying-baby-jpg.jpg (15 KB, 635x414) Image search: [Google]
Alg-crying-baby-jpg.jpg
15 KB, 635x414
>>135234
>WAAAAA! WAAAAA! WAAAAA!
lol
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.