[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I recently finished watching pic related and was mesmerized by
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2
File: sRKYhkRoCd4.market_maxres.jpg (136 KB, 1000x562) Image search: [Google]
sRKYhkRoCd4.market_maxres.jpg
136 KB, 1000x562
I recently finished watching pic related and was mesmerized by it from the beginning till the very end. I felt it was too short though so I need something similar (and just as good) to fill the void. Here's what I want:

- A mix of over the top action (preferably in form of gunfights, rather than hand-to-hand/swordfights), adventure, comedy, and serious drama, with seamless tonal shifts
- A well-written (not "well-written for anime standards", but rather actually well-written), well-paced, captivating story
- A variety of interesting characters, that are grounded in reality, with lots of meaningful interactions between them
- A good-looking artstyle, full of vivid colors and with lots of attention to detail
- Takes place in a realistic setting
- No supernatural elements whatsoever. I can be a little lax towards this particular criterion, depending on the level of supernatural stuff involved. If it's something insignificant, like one character fighting with magic, then it's ok, but stuff like fantasy worlds, where humans and aliens/demons/ghosts/whatever either fight each other or coexist is a no-go.
- A finished, complete, self-contained experience. I don't want to be forced to read any manga, or play any games/VNs to fully understand the story. Everything that needs to be covered has to be covered within the series itself.

Is there anything out there for me, or am I shit out of luck? Thanks in advance for helping me out.
>>
>>134201
OP here. I should mention, in case somebody gets some weird ideas, I only want anime shows.
>>
>>134201
OP here again. I'll also add the list of titles that shouldn't be recommended because they don't fit what I'm looking for:

- Cowboy Bebop
- Black Lagoon
- Jormungand
>>
To answer your OP, no there's not an exact clone of Michiko and Hatchin. The lead creative staff behind it hasn't made anything else you'd be interested in watching. But it doesn't really sound like you want anime recs, you just want to scratch this particular story itch. No reason it has to be anime.
>>
File: Trigun.jpg (131 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
Trigun.jpg
131 KB, 1024x768
>>134201
Give it time.
>>
>>134207
>Cowboy Bebop doesn't fit what I'm looking for

Get fucked, it literally does.
>>
>>134334
Get fucked, it literally doesn't. It only has similar artstyle. Other than that, it's completely different. The thing about it that's jarring to me the most is that it doesn't have an ongoing story. It's kind of like a Saturday morning cartoon in a way everything is crammed into a single episode and every episode is independent from the others.
>>
>>134260
>To answer your OP, no there's not an exact clone of Michiko and Hatchin.

I'm not looking for an exact clone. Just something similar enough.

> But it doesn't really sound like you want anime recs, you just want to scratch this particular story itch. No reason it has to be anime.

If you can find me a non-anime series that does the same thing MtH does and does it in a way it doesn't look tacky as fuck (because while some things look good when animated, irl they look just dumb, take some characters' designs from the show for example) then sure, I'll take it. But I'd really prefer an anime series.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.