[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey, /wsr/, I've had a vinyl record for a few months now,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: packshot.jpg (44 KB, 1400x1400) Image search: [Google]
packshot.jpg
44 KB, 1400x1400
Hey, /wsr/,

I've had a vinyl record for a few months now, but I refuse to open it. Lately I realized that inside the packaging, there is a download code.

I think it's just a little slip of paper inside the packaging. It's a normal record cover with some plastic wrap over it. Any ideas on how to read the download without opening the package?
>>
Also, if there would be a better board for me to post this, please guide me to it.
>>
I've also already tried using a high power flash light to see through the packaging, but that didn't work very well.
>>
just slit the plastic along the opening of the record sleeve. it's a bad idea to leave sealed plastic wrap on a record. the plastic tends to shrink due to changes in temperature and it can warp the record inside and damage the sleeve.
>>
>>134042
Wow, thank you for responding. I'd never thought of the long term effects of keeping it wrapped. I'm going to open it right away.
>>
>>134042
It's been wrapped since December. What do you think the chances are of it already being damaged?
>>
>>134050
It generally takes quite awhile for any serious damage (that's why it's a huge risk to buy "new"/sealed records pressed in the 70's or 80's). Plenty of vinyl records will sit on store shelves for longer than that, so it's probably fine. You can tell if the record itself is damaged if it doesn't lay flat. If there are any crests or waves in it then it's warped which can be an issue depending on the severity.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.