[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What anime are closest to the Persona series in style? Outside
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 3
File: Persona_4_investigation_team_2.jpg (2 MB, 3495x1741) Image search: [Google]
Persona_4_investigation_team_2.jpg
2 MB, 3495x1741
What anime are closest to the Persona series in style? Outside of the Persona anime adaptations, of course.
>>
>>150914
Define style.
>>
>>150918
Maybe that was a poor choice of words, but I guess I mostly mean thematically. Focus on relationships, teenage cast, solving mysteries, slice of life elements, etc. Not sure how to describe the visual style of Persona well but stuff that looks similar is welcome too.
>>
File: 1450447264924.gif (2 MB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
1450447264924.gif
2 MB, 480x270
>>150919
Man, the Persona series (especially 3 and 4) are pretty singular in the kinds of thing it tries to do, and it's got a very distinct charm, but I can make some recommendations.

You might like Devil Survivor 2: The Animation, if you haven't already watched it. Both it and Persona are spin-offs of the SMT franchise.

You might like Danganronpa, but it always felt like it was trying a little too hard to me.

[C] features a main character that struggles with diametrically opposed world-views, a la the protagonist in P4 understanding the nature of truth. In [C], it's about hedging the future for short-term gain. Some pretty fun battle scenes, too.

Kokoro Connect (and it's accompanying OVA arc) features a main cast that has great chemistry, but it's definitely a firm drama with lots of romantic geometry. Lots of SOL and some supernatural elements. A big theme is self-sacrific and martydom, just like in Persona 3. This is one of my favorites.

Yahari Ore is a very good chaaracter study that gets a lot better in the second season. This also has to do with self-sacrifice, but focuses more on the repercussions thereof.

You might also try Hyouka, which is more slice-of-life, and a lot more mundane, but still mystery-oriented. The main characters mesh together well.

I have yet to watch it, but I'll still recommend Kiznaiver from this season, which I've heard good things about and seems like it would be right up your ally, based on the description.
>>
>>150922
Thanks for the recs! I've heard of most of those but haven't gotten around to watching them. Of the ones you mentioned Kokore Connect and Yahari Ore seem most appealing. I watched a few episodes of Kiznaiver but got sidetracked by other things. It's pretty decent but doesn't feel much like Persona to me.
>>
File: 1460925183419.gif (1014 KB, 500x280) Image search: [Google]
1460925183419.gif
1014 KB, 500x280
>>150923
just remember that Inaba is best girl and that you should watch all 17 eps. (the aired series ended at 13, but there were 4 more released as ovs).
>>
Yozakura Quartet and Jojo part 4
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.