[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How the fuck do you watch anime?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (28 KB, 350x350) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
28 KB, 350x350
I don't want to buy anything.

>Online or downloaded?

If online:

>What site do you use?

If downloaded:

>What player do you use?
>What site/software do you use to download?
>Do you download by torrent or another method?
>Do you use any method to organize the files/folders?
>>
>>150470

>If online:
>What site do you use?
Kissanime.to

>If downloaded:
>What player do you use?
MPC is my preferred choice. If your computer isn't a toaster like mine, you can download CCCP or KCP to make anime look nicer. There's also MPV and VLC. You'll get shit on if you post a screenshot from VLC on /a/ for future reference.
>What site/software do you use to download?
>>150471
I use qbittorrent, but people also like Vuze and Deluge and maybe others?
>Do you download by torrent or another method?
I use torrents for anything not from the last few seasons. For seasonal, I use XDCC:
http://xdcc.horriblesubs.info/
https://news.kae.re/
Read http://horriblesubs.info/faq/ on how to use this. It's pretty simple, unless you're not really familiar with IRC.
Not really.

Hope that all helps. Ask if you want me to elaborate on anything.
>>
>>150473
Any preferred file format or resolution? Can I play any format or resolution even if my PC is garbage?
>>
>>150477

Preferred file format is .mkv, but you don't really need to worry about that, since the entire anime subbing/encoding community encodes anime in mkv containers, unless you ever start encoding anime yourself.

Preferred resolution is 720p. Most anime aren't drawn higher than 720p, so 1080p releases are mostly just upscales. If you want to save space or if your computer can't handle 720p, then 480p should be fine. Movies are fine for 1080p downloads though, of course. Blurays are also fine for 1080p, but those are also usually upscales as well, but they're better for archiving purposes.

If your PC is garbage, I don't recommend downloading CCCP or KCP, since it's pretty intense on your computer.

Oh, also, you can check MAL for the top subgroups/releases of anime. It's all the way at the bottom of the anime's page. I think you need to be logged in now to see it though.

On that topic, there are groups that just re-encode other groups stuff in mp4s so that people can watch them on other devices (like phones and PS3 and stuff), since mkv is pretty new and not usable on most things. Deadfish is one of them. Any torrent on Nyaa that you see with an orange background is a re-encode. It doesn't necessarily mean it's back, since sometimes they'll combine Bluray raws with another groups subs if the group hasn't done it themselves.

Oh, I also forgot
In a way, I use Taiga to organize all the things I've watched. Not exactly the same, but it's similar to what you're asking, I feel. It uses your MyAnimeList account
http://taiga.moe/

Sorry if some of that is incoherent as fuck. You'll understand everything in time.
>>
>>150482
That's enough. Thanks.
>>
>>150482
>Most anime aren't drawn higher than 720p, so 1080p releases are mostly just upscales
Maybe 10 years ago this would be true. These days most anime are drawn at native resolutions above 720p, but below 1080p. There are a few shows that are above 1080p, but not many. Due to the way shows get recorded, 1080p streams are actually better quality than 720p and are worth it. You would be right about 1080p not being worth it if it was still 2012 or so.
>>
nyaa.eu is all you need.
>>
>>150470
Torrent it from http://horriblesubs.info/shows/ or other websites

Play using: MPC-HC + MadVR
>>
>>150470
Youtube has a lot, for instance Funimation has its own channel with tons of free content.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.