[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
iPod classic questions
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
Hello fellow users of /wsr/, it is my first time on this board and I have a question about a product I am looking to buy.

I was wondering if the iPod classic (pictured to the left) has any parental controls / restrictions around it, and if so, what are they. The model I'm looking to get into is the 6th Generation, so a bit newer, but the iPod classic is a canceled line. Thanks
>>
>>13365
Sure it does.

It has no form of networking whatsoever, so if you act like an engaged parent and only put on it things that you approve of, then there's no way there'll be anything on it apart from things you approve of.
>>
im a student at a boarding school, trying to get around their strict policy. putting my own music on
>>
>>13365
>buy a fiio x3 or x1
>buy an sd card of desired storage space
>take your lappy to Starbucks and torrent jams(for a more legal approach, youtube to mp3 that shit or just buy the tunes)
>Place tunes on sd card
>place sd in player
>jam out
If someone thinks you have stuff on it just take the sd card and hide it.
>>
>>13440
thnx
>>
>>13464
Dont listen to that guy. Mp3 is already lossy. Pirating through a youtube to mp3 ripper would make it even worse. Youtube compresses alll their files. So it would probably sound as bad as 128kb/s mp3 regardless of what the bitrate the final file is in. Stick to 320kb/s MP3 or FLAC.

He is right that the X1 n 3 are good mp3 players, on par or better sound than an iPod.
>>
>>13464
No problem, check around for digital audio players/mp3 players. There's a TON of them and most non-apple devices work in a similar way. Look into forums on it to see what features you want.
Most high end DAPs have No parental controls.
All this being said, Apple has some amazing hardware(software is meh).
>>
>>13489
I would have to agree, but for the average user FLAC is just wasted memory, and from the research I have found 256 and 320 are barely different in sound quality for most average listeners.
As for YouTube to mp3, it's a fast cheap way to get free tunes with the perk of not being illegal(i think).
If OP has some Senns from the HD series or something of that nature, 320mp3 or better should be used(IMHO).
>>
>>13489
what is kb/s?
>>
>>13489
YouTube is standards-compliant MP4, so its audio track is standard AAC.

iPod can play AAC without transcoding.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.