[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Looking for a new anime! (but with a difficult filter)
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: 01-1.jpg (185 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
01-1.jpg
185 KB, 1600x900
I am looking for new anime that has.

>Torture (psychologically and physically) or other hardships.(Does not have to be severe, just enough to cause some breaks)
>Supernatural, possession, or cursed power trope.
>Not OP MC (The harder their struggle, the better.
>No bad fanservice (I hate fanservice in general, but I can stand if it is well done)

Things I have seen that I liked, that fell into this category:

>Tokyo Ghoul
>Re:Zero (I love this)
>Dot hack//sign

Any contributions to this thread will be highly appreciated. I always struggle to find anime that suits me.
>>
File: 1341522078775.jpg (177 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
1341522078775.jpg
177 KB, 1024x768
Higurashi has all those, but skip out on the OVA's, they have the bad kind of fanservice.
>>
>>133517
I gave Higurashi a go, but the chibi art style was pretty hard to endure. I gave it about 12 episodes but it did not catch. Thanks for the offer though.
>>
>>133510
Konosuba if you want another "thrown into fantasy world" with a weak MC and focuses more on comedy.
Steins;Gate has some good psychological torture and breakdowns, but it's much more pronounced in the visual novel compared to the anime.
Kyoukai no Kanata for its cursed power/possession/supernatural/fanservice all in one. Though it's not the best.
Maybe NHK ni Youkoso for its psychological breakdowns, though it isn't anything like what you listed.
>>
>>133522

I have seen Konosuba, and Kyoukai no Kanata. I enjoyed both of them. Steins gate was a bit of a let down, but it was OK. I began NHK but never finished it. It was not very compelling. Though I do enjoy the concept. Thanks for these recommendations.
>>
You might like Paranoia agent if you want something on the more trippy side,
Shiki if you are more into the gory side,
Death Parade if you want something that has interesting characters,
Bakemonogatari if you are into interesting characters/dialogue, or
Ajin if the 3d CGI doesn't turn you off
>>
>>133527

Paranoid Agent I need to check out.

Shiki was interesting, but I prefered Another over it.

I am actually planning on finished Death Parade, it is good, but it is hard to get motivated to watch.

I will try Bakemonogatari. I love interesting characters.

I watched Ajin for a bit, I might restart. It was just very slow.

Thank you for your suggestions.
>>
>>133529
A note about the monogatari series:
A ton of reading and a ton of fanservice.
>>
>>133530
>>133530
As long as its not like "Guilty Crown" I will be fine. I do not mind "shots" at a specific angle,
>>
>>133532
They go beyond just "angled" shots. Shaft goes out of their way to service you.
>>
>>133546
>>133546
Wow, ok. Perhaps it is not the best show. If I cannot take it, I will move on.
>>
>>133549
Bakemonogatari is not too bad with it, but from then on, the fanservicing does ramp up, especially in nisemonogatari.
>>
Before I post here, let me see if [spoiler]the spoiler function works on this board[/spoiler]
>>
File: 1461514410626.png (1 MB, 1279x1218) Image search: [Google]
1461514410626.png
1 MB, 1279x1218
>>133510
>>133872
It doesn't? That sucks. Anyway, I'm not sure if it's your thing but maybe you'd be into Terraformars?

>Torture or other hardships
I can't recall any explicit torture, but the MCs are put in a pretty hard if not hopeless situation

>Supernatural
Not really, but it deals with the extraterrestrial. Close enough?

>Not OP MC
Check

>No bad fanservice
What would you call bad? Terraformars has no real fanservice outside of promotional material. Pic related is probably as far as it goes (it's from season 2).
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.