[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Solutions to fracking
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: fracking.jpg (185 KB, 1536x1536) Image search: [Google]
fracking.jpg
185 KB, 1536x1536
What are potential solutions to fracking?
>>
>>133498
To not frack. To just accept environmental and health damages.
>>
>>133501
Is that it?
>>
>>133498
bump
>>
It's probably fine but you should eliminate all the black people from the area just to be safe.
>>
>>133498
From what I've read there really aren't many inherent problems. Just a lot of poor practice.

Don't do it national parks.
Don't use chemicals that could pollute ground water.
Try to avoid areas where potential tremors could cause damage.

These are pretty much the main concerns. The waste of water isn't really that bad considering how much fuel you get out of it.
>>
I'm no geologist, but wouldn't creating large pockets of emptiness under the ground create instability and potential sinkholes? It just seems like an easier form of mining that hides the geographical effect because it's hidden underground.
>>
>>133716
You're right, you're not.

Get a better understanding of the scales involved.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.