[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Help with PC RAM
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 4032x3024) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 4032x3024
Hey /wsr/, sorry for my incompetence, but, I need to know how much RAM my PC can actually use. I have the 64 bit version Windows 10 Home.
>>
Get 8GB, that should be enough.
>>
I already have 8 but PC keeps crashing while gaming and using Skype.
>>
File: RAM.png (32 KB, 594x454) Image search: [Google]
RAM.png
32 KB, 594x454
Open up the Task Manager and then open up Skype. Call someone and see how much RAM your system is using. If there's still at least 600KB of RAM free then skype is the problem.
>>
>133403
600MB*
>>
>>133365
First two questions:

1. What's your motherboard?

2. What do you use your computer for? Do you code? Do you play games? Do you use graphic-intensive software, etc?
>>
>>133400
Download MemTest and check your RAM for errors.
>>
Not sure motherboard will check when I get home. I play games and Skype friends at the same time. Mostly graphic intensive games like dark souls 3
>>
Re-bump
>>
With Skype it shows this.
>>
File: image.jpg (6 MB, 4032x3024) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
6 MB, 4032x3024
>>
>>133424
>>133427
This is /wsg/. Don't bump your thread before it reaches page 9 or 10.
Most people use the catalog (and if they don't they should), so no need to stay on page 1 all the time. It's a slow board.
>>
>>133424
>>133427
Besides, I'm the motherbord faggot, and I have 4chan X while watching this thread. I'll know when you'll respond
>>
File: image.png (256 KB, 1242x2208) Image search: [Google]
image.png
256 KB, 1242x2208
These are the specs not sure which is motherboard, sorry not that techy.
>>
File: speccy.png (126 KB, 1864x744) Image search: [Google]
speccy.png
126 KB, 1864x744
>>133473
None of those are the MoBo. Though it looks like it can hold and has at least 8 GB.

Looking at this >>133438, it's a tad slow for 2016 gaming. I would get a faster one like the G.SKILL Ripjaws. 8 GB is still fine. You don't have to spend the money if you don't want to.

Next time, use a program like Speccy (pic related) to show what you have.

And yes, I'm aware that I have a 1600 MHz RAM as well, but I'm using an old computer that I'm planning to update this year.
>>
>>133473
does that say 8GB SSD??
>>
Get 2x4GB (8GB) or 2x8GB (16GB), any more than that is useless today.
>>
>>133990
It's built into the hard disk and acts as a cache.

Which is the only thing an SSD should ever be doing in a system that also has hard disks.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.