[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
PC help
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
Hey /wsr/ so my computer won't turn on and I haven't touched it for 2 months, those 2 months ago I replaced the psu as the other one failed. Once the new one was installed then again with the computer not turning on. I know it has been left for a bit though I've been busy with school, work etc. I didn't want to touch too much as I am not too good with computers (only basic knowledge) and I want to somewhat do this as cheap as I can. So please any help or advice would be great. Also sorry for the cables being in the state they are as I have not touched it for 2 months.
>>
Should have returned the PSU for a different one. Get a different one.
>>
>>133132
I had a corsair psu previously, got the thermaltake one after it failed.
>>
>>133142

Yeah, I"m saying tho. If the new one isn't working out then most likely it's also defective.
>>
>>133143
Ok well I'll return it and go from there. Thanks for the advice though
>>
>>133124
You should test it first. Unplug the 20+4 cable and the power cord. On the 20+4 jump the green wire with a bare paper clip to a black wire then plug the power cord back in, if the fan turns on you should be ok to at least get some kind of response out of the computer. Did this power supply have a switch on the back by the plug? 1 is on and 0 is off maybe check that.
>>
maybe there is a problem with RAM, mhz may be too high or your cpu don't support ddr4
>>
>>133274
What is it with people on here. If the ram went bad it would post. Beep codes or lights. Please read the what the problem is before suggesting stuff. It seems his computer does not do anything by what he posted it. It also seems that he has not changed anything from the prior state. Now I maybe wrong about that but the clock speeds, if changed, should have been noted. To me it seems like a power issue. OP do you get any lights or fans moving (fans moving for a second could still be a bad psu) we need more information to assist you. If you are able and willing please attempt the power supply check I posted earlier.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.