[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
hey /wsr/, I fucked up while trying to make my copy of Win10
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
hey /wsr/, I fucked up while trying to make my copy of Win10 genuine and I got a software counterfeit black screen

how do I use the BIOS to wipe my drive and start over?

I have an MSI 970 gaming BIOS if that helps
>>
bump for interest
>>
another bump for answers
>>
yet another bump for answers
>>
>>132113
Nobody is interested in how you intend to fix your computer. Stop self bumping.

Alright, You cannot activate your copy of Windows 10. You also cannot "wipe" your drive in the BIOS.

You have a couple of options here.
You can either use another computer to make GNU/Linux install media. Some good distros being Ubuntu, Xubuntu, Debian, And Slackware. Your other option is too go to your local store (I recommend walmart) and purchase a Windows 10 DVD. It's like ~160$

Follow the installation instructions for windows 10 (Delete all the partitions) or install GNU/Linux.

Good luck on your adventure.
>>
Install firewall, block necessary outgoing connections, activate with proper activation tool?
>>
>>132142
How is OP supposed to do that when his computer is unusable due to the black screen?
>>
>>132147

He can't literally mean a black screen. Is it just a desktop with Explorer needing to be started? or like his monitor shut off or some shit?

Well if it really is a dead end then a simple re install. I'm assuming he has a ready installation USB because I'm assuming he also just did an installation being the reason he was just now trying to activate it in the first place.
>>
>>132142
>>132147
refer to

>>132149

this

Im re-installing windows already
>>
>>132149
also

yeah its a black screen that says

"you might be a victim of windows software counterfiet"

and it locked me out of everything, including the explorer.
>>
>>132153

In case you DON'T do these things already I suggest doing them now. Get the hosts lists floating around of all the microsoft telemetry ip/urls and block them at the router level. Install a firewall to block as much shit connecting outbound as you possibly can (I use Comodo Firewall). and also run O O shutup.
>>
>>132156
what exactly will this do?
>>
>>132161

The host list is here https://forums.untangle.com/web-filter/35894-blocking-windows-10-spying-telemetry.html It's to attempt to block Microsoft from connecting to its own servers for the sake of transmitting data about your PC behind the scenes.

O & O shutup is a program designed specifically to do a few popular tweaks to make Windows 10 a bit less intrusive to your privacy.

Firewall also allows you to block unnecessary data from getting transmitted.
>>
>>132161
Blocking the microsoft IPs will *supposedly* stop telemetry. I don't think it will do anything about activation checking though.

O and O pretty much does cheap registry hacks that can be done with better alternatives. Privacy has nothing to do with the topic at hand, but if you're interested here's a post on reddit that i found thats helpfull for your cause (Although i do not use windows 10!)
https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/3f38ed/guide_how_to_disable_data_logging_in_w10

Heres a github repo that's apparently from /g/
https://github.com/dfkt/win10-unfuck
There are more repos on the bottom of README.md

Since you're deciding to reinstall, i suppose your problem is solved?
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.