[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is the AC1200 wireless adapter (pic related) compatible with
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
Is the AC1200 wireless adapter (pic related) compatible with the Linksys E1200 router?

Ever since I updated to Windows 10 my internet has been completely fucked.
>>
It should be what do you mean fucked?

I recently had a gigantic fuckover with my wireless. I thought it was my cheap usb adapter the entire time. Between shifting my routers antennaes a little bit and limiting myself to one download at a time instead of 5-10 at a time my internet has been steady.
>>
>>132093
Well. After I updated to 10 it was slow, I disabled the P2P update system and it was still slow.

It's bearable loading up websites and posting and such but when I try to play Black Ops 3 or any online game I get hit with INSANE lag.

I bought a new USB adapter, which is in the OP pic and I'm not sure if it is compatible with my Linksys E1200 router.
>>
>>132099

Something else might be limiting your bandwidth. Windows 10 by default let's people torrent off your Windows 10 if I'm not mistaken. That might be it. Your computer might be uploading shit limiting your download speed.
>>
>>132133
I already turned that off
>>
>>132143

Alright have you done a speedtest yet? can you post results?
>>
>>132143

Is there any device on your wifi getting decent strong steady download speed all around? If not then it might be router configuration or positioning.
>>
>>132144
I have not. Will soon though.

>>132146
My phone and computer is loading websites well, but my PS4 is having terrible lag in Black Ops 3. But it's not usually like this. I can have multiple devices running and I still have a decent connection. I'm starting to think it may be the USB adapter somehow.
>>
>>132146

You sound like I did a little while back. I went to Microcenter and bought a new more reputable brand USB adapter to have the same exact issues and then I returned it because it was no better.

The issues for me like you started out of nowhere. Nothing changed in any of my hardware. I'm not sure if I"m crazy or what but managing my downloads more carefully fixed the stability. I download one thing at a time now which still gets the same bandwidth I get a full like 4 megabytes a second in one download at a time but when I do 4-5 downloads at a time my internet would like drop and my router would freak out and shit. Crazy thing too is when I torrent 20 things at a time it wouldn't freak out but that was when it goes through a vpn so I guess the VPN acts like one single upload/download stream and the router doesn't flip out over it.
>>
File: image.jpg (66 KB, 750x705) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
66 KB, 750x705
Here's my speed test.

All in all I just want to know if the adapter I posted in OP is compatible with the Linksys E1200 router.
>>
>>132447
No it's not. Each wireless adapter is compatible with only one router: the one it came with.

Wireless adapters sold on their own are a ruse to trick unwary purchasers.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.